2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only formation I wouldn't be able to find a place for him is a 4-4-2 no way could he play on the wing where you need to track back or as part of a 2 centrally and he's not a striker. Any other formation and he can pretty much be used. However you have to understand his limitations and either be content his positives out weigh his negatives or put a plan in place to compensate. He needs to be in the squad if fit. Otherwise Benitez is proving all his detractors and doubters right. This football clubs results come before either of these mens egos. So Benitez should give him a chance and James should give it his best effort. Him not tracking back is not him not trying it is a flaw of his game.
4411 in the 1 behind the forward
4231 in the centre of the 3 but interchangeable on either side
4321 as one of the 2

He'd do the biz in any of them

You are right there, mate. It is basically easier to fit him in than not. But don't tell the Kopites, our noisy neighbours are praying that we get rid of him and are on a mission to make him feel not wanted and to turn feeble-minded blues against him.

He physically can't and won't play every game but if utilised properly can be used in most systems. I think there is a lot of people who loved Sigurdsson that also want to see him fail. I think last season you were in one camp or the other as the 2 couldn't play together.

He physically can't and won't play every game but if utilised properly can be used in most systems. I think there is a lot of people who loved Sigurdsson that also want to see him fail. I think last season you were in one camp or the other as the 2 couldn't play together.
On this forum I met a grand total of one person who loved Sigurdsson and he was repeatedly banned for being a weirdo and has gone into hiding following… events.

On this forum I met a grand total of one person who loved Sigurdsson and he was repeatedly banned for being a weirdo and has gone into hiding following… events.

He had his fans they've all gone quiet for obvious reasons. James was also disliked because he is a luxury and some people don't appreciate you need a good blend. I like to see a mix of skill and work rate. However every player doesn't have to be 50/50 some will have more skill some will work harder. What makes James stand out is his is very skewed probably 90/10 whereas most are 35/65.

You are right there, mate. It is basically easier to fit him in than not. But don't tell the Kopites, our noisy neighbours are praying that we get rid of him and are on a mission to make him feel not wanted and to turn feeble-minded blues against him.

The intensity issue is, well, an issue, though.

But that's just down to the manager using him correctly.

It shouldn't be beyond a manager. We're not talking about a bad player here. We're talking about a very, very good player who just doesn't happen to be quick.

James is under contract here until the end of the season, he can’t be moved on until January, at the earliest and he is a supremely gifted footballer. If he is allowed to sit and watch for the rest of the season rather than being used in certain games as a starter and in other games as a substitute, then that is criminal. With our resources and taking into account our financial position we can not be allowing an asset as valuable as James to stagnate.

Where ever the problem lies, be it with Benitez or James or a bit of both neither of them can be allowed to put their egos ahead of the needs of the club. He’s under contract, use him, if he refuses to play fine that would mean he is in breach of contract and he can be sacked. I don’t feel it would come to that though, I think we all know that it is more a case of Benitez freezing him out than James not wanting to play.

We'll need options as we go through the season and with the exception of 442 then I can see him slotting in. My worry is where we're up against a physical side and he'll get kicked out of it - and the current laxity in refereeing suggests this is very likely.

We don't have a protector/enforcer in the side that will scare the bejesus out of any wannabee clogger who aims to put Richie of James out of the game. I know Seamus was over quickly last night but it was clear the Tarkowski had targeted Richie and he got off scot-free. I don't think any threat of subsequent retribution was in his mind.

If we'd have played James last night I doubt he'd have got to half time in one piece.

James is under contract here until the end of the season, he can’t be moved on until January, at the earliest and he is a supremely gifted footballer. If he is allowed to sit and watch for the rest of the season rather than being used in certain games as a starter and in other games as a substitute, then that is criminal. With our resources and taking into account our financial position we can not be allowing an asset as valuable as James to stagnate.

Where ever the problem lies, be it with Benitez or James or a bit of both neither of them can be allowed to put their egos ahead of the needs of the club. He’s under contract, use him, if he refuses to play fine that would mean he is in breach of contract and he can be sacked. I don’t feel it would come to that though, I think we all know that it is more a case of Benitez freezing him out than James not wanting to play.

I agree with the sentiment but if James doesn't want to play he will be feigning injury so as to avoid fines and sackings. I think he does want to play its just he isn't quite ready or Benitez is being stubborn. If he actually gets in if he is playing them quick players in even if his work rate is poor he will be hard to drop. Its just that first opportunity he needs.

You can guarantee James is desperate to play. The thing stopping him is Benitez's salty tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.