2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We played better first 5 last yr, some of our fans reaction is laughable and they have very short memories
I’m not having that, although we were winning this time last season, the only game we looked good in was the Spurs win. We were garbage the rest but had a knack of winning. Then the wheel fell off.

We look a lot better this season, like I’ve said before we won’t be in the top 6 but we will give it a more credible go this season. Only game that’s going to be tough in the next few games is Man U. I don’t expect to win but the 3 games after we will bounce back.

Good sensible signings, not all problems solved but seems to know where the holes are.

Presence/ animation on the touch line.

Already a discernible identity and style of play. Yes we were bad first half but we have gears now.

Still a lot of work to do on the squad. The ones we couldn’t move on are running out of contract so hopefully this guy has the room to get us moving in the right direction.
I would add to this that he is always coaching his players. He spoke with Townsend at the end of the match about his positioning.

Chalk and cheese with Ancelotti's trust the players to work it out as they go approach.

we sat top of the league at this same point last season….stop spinning it.

we was better at this point last season….thats a fact.
It’s a 2 point difference, we’ve had good starts to both seasons and we’ve scored one more than both Chelsea and Liverpool and one fewer than the two Manchester clubs

We’ve also played fodder in both starts, Brighton in both (4-2 and 2-0), Southampton and Burnley this, Palace and WBA last

we sat top of the league this time last season…beating spurs away in those games….spin all you want…its a factc we was better this time last season, than we are now.

What facts are these?

This season we’ve been unlucky not to win every game.

We’ve played some really good football, and it’s early days, but you’re being soft here. Give the fella credit.

I’m not having that, although we were winning this time last season, the only game we looked good in was the Spurs win. We were garbage the rest but had a knack of winning. Then the wheel fell off.

We look a lot better this season, like I’ve said before we won’t be in the top 6 but we will give it a more credible go this season. Only game that’s going to be tough in the next few games is Man U. I don’t expect to win but the 3 games after we will bounce back.

If you wanna go down that road, the performance has not been great this season. Appalling 1st half vs Saints, 60 mins of dirge tonight, only 30% possession vs Leeds. We haven't sparkled by any stretch

Good sensible signings, not all problems solved but seems to know where the holes are.

Presence/ animation on the touch line.

Already a discernible identity and style of play. Yes we were bad first half but we have gears now.

Still a lot of work to do on the squad. The ones we couldn’t move on are running out of contract so hopefully this guy has the room to get us moving in the right direction.
Tbh the FFP might have been a blessing to a degree, Rafael has half a season to assess what he has no I’m sure the board will treat him if he wants, to a couple in January. Way we are going he might not need them.

If you wanna go down that road, the performance has not been great this season. Appalling 1st half vs Saints, 60 mins of dirge tonight, only 30% possession vs Leeds. We haven't sparkled by any stretch
Agree there have been periods where we have been poor, but Rafael has fixed it and I don’t believe it’s luck, he’s a very clued up manager. Possession doesn’t count for to much as we seen to be very good atm scoring on the break.

Ha Ha Ha.

Vault me every night. We're top of the league.

Guess who who doesn't give a flying one about a vaulting expedition that had absolutley no rationale about it?
waving-hello-friend.gif

the worst dross team in the league? I thought that was soton? who then of course went on to earn creditable points against united and west ham. your carping at a manager who has us top of the league is a little wearying, given the difficulties he's faced. How about you (and the other analysts) lay off the cryarsing for a couple of weeks and just acknowledge we are lucky to have a top manager, and he's got us playing some superb stuff.
We played well against Leeds and Brighton, and in the second half against Southampton. We deserved to win all 3 and I said after the last game that we should have been top. I have praised the manager countless times for coming up with a system of playing that suited the players.

Tonight he changed that system and nearly come unstuck. hopefully it will teach him not to tinker too much. I'm not cryarsing though. I'm made up we're top of the league points wise. I'm just pointing out that his tinkering nearly cost us that game tonight and against a better team it certainly would have. That first hour we were dreadful, and it was all down to him. If I give him credit for the good stuff I'm going to critic him for the poor stuff too. You can carry on kissing his arse though if you want.

The proof will be the end of the season standings, been some positive signs but also some of the same negative ones of previous seasons.
I think the fitness of Rafael's sports science guy will be a big help. In theory Carlo's "run at intensity for x" training instead of high intensity all the times works, but in reality it lowers conditioning for 90+ a week and sometimes numerous times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.