2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an interesting interview that Benitez just gave to Marca. I hadn't quite got it but he is right, tonight was our Instanbul! This squad will be challenging in the top two all season - great scenes. ?

A very good 6 min in an otherwise dirge performance. Got the starting line up completely wrong. Much tougher tests await
Yep they're lined up with the Benitez out flags when we lose to United, City or Chelsea. Who to be fair play in a different league to us and the teams we're tonking at present. We're winning the games now that would have had us in Europe last season, the games that matter.

Last season Burnley took 4 points off us and schooled us at GP 6 months ago to the day

We drew at Brighton in April in one of our worst games of the run in, we beat them comfortably 2 weeks ago there

Southampton should have taken a deserved point from us in March, we beat them comfortably on the opening day after a wobble

we sat top of the league at this same point last season….stop spinning it.

we was better at this point last season….thats a fact.

No. It would have only saved 1 goal. We needed an extra 2 goal difference to be top. ;)

Anyway, you all sat there through that first 60 minutes which was us outdrossing the worst dross team in the league. Only one person to blame for that. Yes he changed it and I've given him credit for that. But he was as responsible for that first 60 minutes every bit as much as he was responsible for the final 30 minutes.

Burnley could very easily get relegated this season. We were outplayed by them at home for an hour. I've praised Benitez many times for coming up with a system that suits our players. Why he decided to change that is anyone's guess, but he did and I'm going to call him out on it as I would any Everton manager.

There are a number of posters on here, and you are on of them, that won't tolerate anything said against our manager. Well I'm sorry that doesn't wash with me. He deserves credit for putting us where we are in the league. But that game today could have been a hell of a lot easier if he hadn't messed about with the formation.

Anyway, on to the next game. Who are we playing next week? I am allowed to ask that question without being labelled a bad miff?
the worst dross team in the league? I thought that was soton? who then of course went on to earn creditable points against united and west ham. your carping at a manager who has us top of the league is a little wearying, given the difficulties he's faced. How about you (and the other analysts) lay off the cryarsing for a couple of weeks and just acknowledge we are lucky to have a top manager, and he's got us playing some superb stuff.

Burnley stuffed us last year under Carlo .......stop clutching straws Carlos last 2\3rds of the season was pure dross......

we sat top of the league this time last season…beating spurs away in those games….spin all you want…its a factc we was better this time last season, than we are now.

I could sit here and analyse it all day, but the observations for me are dead simple.

The players want to actually get the ball, they show hunger, they’ve now dug in, on more than one occasion to get us where we need to be snd that’s down to the manager.
We’ve seen with the last 4-5 managers that there’s no grit and determination, so to get a tune out of certain players fair play.

His decision to move Doucoure to a more attacking role has been a master stroke so far.
Townsend will be a great signing snd fair play for showing faith in him, because he provides so much in determination which this side has missed for years.

Utilised Gomes better in the two games he’s played so far, and let him do, what he does best and that’s been nice.

We’re sluggish to start games, and I’m sure if we come up against better opposition we may get punished, but we needed a manager who was going to shake it up, so fair play.

Yep they're lined up with the Benitez out flags when we lose to United, City or Chelsea. Who to be fair play in a different league to us and the teams we're tonking at present. We're winning the game now that would have had us in Europe last season, the games that matter.

We played better first 5 last yr, some of our fans reaction is laughable and they have very short memories

Status
Not open for further replies.