2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if only he had listened to you earlier we could be top of the league now.
No. It would have only saved 1 goal. We needed an extra 2 goal difference to be top. ;)

Anyway, you all sat there through that first 60 minutes which was us outdrossing the worst dross team in the league. Only one person to blame for that. Yes he changed it and I've given him credit for that. But he was as responsible for that first 60 minutes every bit as much as he was responsible for the final 30 minutes.

Burnley could very easily get relegated this season. We were outplayed by them at home for an hour. I've praised Benitez many times for coming up with a system that suits our players. Why he decided to change that is anyone's guess, but he did and I'm going to call him out on it as I would any Everton manager.

There are a number of posters on here, and you are on of them, that won't tolerate anything said against our manager. Well I'm sorry that doesn't wash with me. He deserves credit for putting us where we are in the league. But that game today could have been a hell of a lot easier if he hadn't messed about with the formation.

Anyway, on to the next game. Who are we playing next week? I am allowed to ask that question without being labelled a bad miff?

No. It would have only saved 1 goal. We needed an extra 2 goal difference to be top. ;)

Anyway, you all sat there through that first 60 minutes which was us outdrossing the worst dross team in the league. Only one person to blame for that. Yes he changed it and I've given him credit for that. But he was as responsible for that first 60 minutes every bit as much as he was responsible for the final 30 minutes.

Burnley could very easily get relegated this season. We were outplayed by them at home for an hour. I've praised Benitez many times for coming up with a system that suits our players. Why he decided to change that is anyone's guess, but he did and I'm going to call him out on it as I would any Everton manager.

There are a number of posters on here, and you are on of them, that won't tolerate anything said against our manager. Well I'm sorry that doesn't wash with me. He deserves credit for putting us where we are in the league. But that game today could have been a hell of a lot easier if he hadn't messed about with the formation.

Anyway, on to the next game. Who are we playing next week? I am allowed to ask that question without being labelled a bad miff?

i think it was we were letting burnley play than doing our own thing

Wants improvement. Managers job to improve the players. Looking to get every player 5% better.
Wouldn’t take praise for the victory, only saw areas for improvement.
Let's hope he also sees improvement in his own performance as regards the formation played. I really don't want to see us play 3/5 at the back again this season.

One game at a time, but I think we all know how this is going to play out, once he's won the doubters and given everyone hope again, the ship will become rudderless again, it's the Everton way, just have to hope the doubters outlast the season so we can win the league before they turn and all hope is lost

i think it was we were letting burnley play than doing our own thing
Matty, these players have never suited 3 at the back mate. Last season under Carlo we were invariably terrible whenever we used that system. Our full backs aren't wing backs for starters, so our midfield always end up getting overrun and we don't get service to the front players. Plus we're usually all over the place defensively.

He said he won the title twice with Valencia by only looking at the next game. When asked what is target for the season was, he said 13 points after next game.

It’s something we really didn’t do well enough with last season.

If we just beat more of the teams in front of us when it mattered, we could’ve easily got top 4 - sounds basic but the amount of games we bottled against poor sides was something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.