2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s early days be already he seems to be able to do what moyes did here, fix thing tactically quick when things aren’t going well, even Ancelotti was useless at that when he was here, Koeman,Silva no Martinez were also aw full at it, big same just defended with 10 defenders so he sort of did it lol
Being able to switch things quickly in a match can be doubly effective, as tonight shows.

Not only could we blunt Burnley, but we found the gaps in their own setup and ruthlessly punished them in just a few minutes - before Dyche could react.

Just brilliant. The ability to quickly change tactics is so, so valuable.

Being able to switch things quickly in a match can be doubly effective, as tonight shows.

Not only could we blunt Burnley, but we found the gaps in their own setup and ruthlessly punished them in just a few minutes - before Dyche could react.

Just brilliant. The ability to quickly change tactics is so, so valuable.

not a mindreader but would be willing to bet they were expecting Rondon on and more hoofs / crosses

Gomes coming on instead blew their minds for about ten minutes and they could have been buried - with a bit of composure we'd have scored four

I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep going with the '5 at the back' (3-4-3 in possession). I don't know your players well enough but assuming at least one of your three centre-backs is good with the ball at their feet/has the potential to be good with the ball at their feet, he'll like that. And/or can move with the ball and bring it forward themselves a la Maguire for instance.

Rafael loves balance and he likes starting attacks from deep. At the end of his time here we had exactly that, and then a focal point (Rondon) with two other attackers buzzing around him, dropping deep, into the channels finding the space. He loves a hard, physical, good tackler in the middle of the pitch playing alongside a more gifted, technical player. Coleman and Digne obviously speak for themselves in terms of providing balance on the wings.

If you've got any of these components I'd expect to keep seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.