2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely flawed logic to say because they played for him before that he would get them if he’d had a decent budget. I think Benitez wanted Gray, but that’s an assumption, just like yours. I think we will have to agree to disagree. ;)
It isn't an assumption that he has repeatedly signed Rondon and Townsend. These are the facts.

Rondón played for Benítez at Newcastle and in China and now here.

Townsend is quoted as saying “When he got the job, he called me and said: ‘I don’t know what I have at the club, I know you’re out of contract if you can be patient and I’ll assess the situation, and I’ll be back in contact."

Gray looks like he was a Brands signing but as I say, Benitez got his men. Some managers like to work with players that they have worked with before, like Martinez when he was bringing his old boys here.
Benitez has been pretty open in saying how much he wanted Gray mate and there's been several articles saying it was RB pushing for it.

I don't think Brands actually did anything bar sign Begovic on a free

Few things here

1) He was given time off by the club, as all the players were
2) The club will have authorised where he went, just like they'd have authorised Allan going to Disney World/Land whatever it is in Paris.
3) Both France and Spain (and Ibiza) are amber list nations. If the players are double vaccinated (we don't know if they are, but the club will, obviously) then they do not have to isolate. If they are not double vaccinated they will have to do a 2-day isolation period and then be good to go once they return a negative PCR test.

If you're going to have a go at James for going to Ibiza, then you'd have to have a go at Allan for going to Paris.
It's all ifs and buts at the moment. I agree, lets wait and see what the fallout is if any

Why was our highest paid player chilling in Ibiza and risking COVID regulations etc, and not on the training ground?
This is a strong thought. When everyone else went on holiday James should have stayed at Finch Farm by himself and pretended to have competitive games. I appreciate this creative line of thinking. ?

lol lol lol

You people.
When it came to recruitment, the articles are that Brands was chasing the right-back targets (fair enough).

Townsend and Rondon were pushed for by Benitez, who has also been pretty open in taking credit for the Gray signing. I'm not saying Brands was against the signings - they both have to sign off on them.

here's the excerpt in relation to that from Paul Joyce's article last week (which, I said at the time, read like a sycophantic love-in for Rafael)

Everton are fortunate that Benítez kept in touch with Townsend from his time on loan at Newcastle, as well as Rondon — who he worked with at Newcastle and Dalian Pro — and persuaded both to sign up. He also had the contacts to set up the deals for Gray and Begovic.

That Benítez has done so neatly turns the spotlight on the director of football, Marcel Brands, who is supposed to set the course in which the club is headed.

Much of the fall-out among supporters around the lack of signings has centred on Everton’s failed search for a right back to compete with the captain, Seamus Coleman.

Brands put forward names. He seemed preoccupied with the Holland international Denzel Dumfries, who moved to Inter Milan. Two failed bids were submitted for the Rangers teenager Nathan Patterson. There was also a push for Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles, but Benítez was never keen on the England international.

When it came to recruitment, the articles are that Brands was chasing the right-back targets (fair enough).

Townsend and Rondon were pushed for by Benitez, who has also been pretty open in taking credit for the Gray signing. I'm not saying Brands was against the signings - they both have to sign off on them.

here's the excerpt in relation to that from Paul Joyce's article last week (which, I said at the time, read like a sycophantic love-in for Rafael)

Everton are fortunate that Benítez kept in touch with Townsend from his time on loan at Newcastle, as well as Rondon — who he worked with at Newcastle and Dalian Pro — and persuaded both to sign up. He also had the contacts to set up the deals for Gray and Begovic.

That Benítez has done so neatly turns the spotlight on the director of football, Marcel Brands, who is supposed to set the course in which the club is headed.

Much of the fall-out among supporters around the lack of signings has centred on Everton’s failed search for a right back to compete with the captain, Seamus Coleman.

Brands put forward names. He seemed preoccupied with the Holland international Denzel Dumfries, who moved to Inter Milan. Two failed bids were submitted for the Rangers teenager Nathan Patterson. There was also a push for Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles, but Benítez was never keen on the England international.
So was it Rafael who didnt sign a Right Back or Brands?

And dont post Joyce the kopite as a source, he hates Brands cos he wont give him exclusives anymore, hes about as neutral as Dave.

he's rocked up for training with three strippers, wearing a Liverpool kit and blasting You'll Never Walk Alone out.

Benitez has offered him a five-year deal
Nope, even worse. He ditched the strippers to play ball with some school kids yesterday instead of training. How unprofessional of him. Get him out of the club. #MEGA.

4E80E397-DDD0-4A0D-88C2-BB0F957FCB54.jpeg

46FC0210-9003-476C-A333-EFE85B349BA2.jpeg

A948B9D7-F0DF-4EE4-8571-B008374C42A6.jpeg

no, I'm saying what I said above. His actions tell you he and Benitez don't get on, and that is going to play out over the next four months.
Maybe I'm wrong, and they work something out to the benefit of everyone, we'll see. wont we.
That's all fair comment

It's all ifs and buts at the moment. I agree, lets wait and see what the fallout is if any

There should be no ifs and buts though mate.

The club will have (categorically, and if they claim otherwise, they are lying) authorised the players to go on leave and they will have been well aware of where those players were planning. There's a pandemic going on and with all the bio-bubble things, there's no way a Premier League football club would be amateur enough not to check. If (the only if here) they were that amateur, then that is on the club, isn't it?

Allan going to Disneyland, with his family and by the looks of it then meeting a friend/relative (there was a photo on his story over the weekend of his family and another family together), can't be judged differently as James going to Ibiza (both flew private), to go on his mates' boat. It just can't be. If one of them went to a red list, then absolutely fine, but again that'd be on the club allowing that (which they wouldn't, and it isn't the case anyway).

Nope, even worse. He ditched the strippers to play ball with some school kids yesterday instead of training. How unprofessional of him. Get him out of the club. #MEGA.

View attachment 138411

View attachment 138412

View attachment 138413

Yep I saw that Sassy. Believe that might have been either yesterday morning or Monday, as he was back with his lad when he put a story on his Instagram yesterday afternoon.

Unless of course he took his toddler son on this sin-filled, sex-fuelled, boozed up session in Ibiza, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.