2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. So you think photos of James vaping is going to destabilise the squad? lol

And why do you automatically assume that James is at fault for breaches of covid restrictions. It looks as though about half a dozen were affected by it so could easily have been something he picked up off one of the other players in training.

If there is bad blood between them they BOTH have to be professional and put it aside for the good of the team. I expect James to work hard in training and to get himself fit enough to be available for matches. I expect Benitez to utilise him within the squad when fit and not revert to some 5 year old gripe he may or may not have with the player.

There is absolutely no evidence, or even a hint of a suggestion, that James is a disruptive influence amongst the group or that he is disliked by the other players. Not a single thing. You, and people like you, are making things up to fit your narrative.
we don't have all the facts admittedly, but if he has to go into quarantine as a result of his jaunt to Ibiza then that's on him. He's destablilising potentially because of the negative headlines he generates. We will have to deal over the next four months with constant references to the fact James is out in the cold. That's not good for anyone. I agree he is popular with the squad, but that doesn't help Benitez, the opposite really.
They aren't equals here. Benitez is the boss. And if he uses his reach to undermine the manager that is a situation it is understandable the club would wish to avoid. The very fact he is staying tells me he is going to be a nuisance. He knows Benitez doesn't want him, so why not cut a deal with another team? cos he can sit on his backside for nine months on a million quid a month, taking random pops at a guy he doesn't like? That seems a worryingly likely scenario.

I would normally agree with you Fred, but, this whole situation is strange, I think that as long as we are somewhere between 14th and 8th, Benitez’ job will be quite safe. I really think he has been brought in to steady the ship while the books are balanced so that when we eventually move into Bramley-Moore we will have a shiny new stadium and a club being run within reasonable financial parameters.

It’s a shame, because James could really be an effective plan B for us against teams who park the bus. Will Benitez be pragmatic enough to use him? I fear not.
You may be right regarding the overall position mate. If so, what I find strange is that Benitez is not normally a manager who would accept that sort of arrangement. I think he's somebody who is quite proud of his managerial record and is still very ambitious. I don't like the man as an individual and, working in a red dominated environment during his stint in charge of Liverpool, makes it difficult for me to just accept his appointment as Everton manager. It's still strange seeing him in a blue tracksuit, but I really hope that changes for the better because it means that he is making us successful. He's also somebody with a history of battling with the clubs owners to get more money for transfers or to bring in better quality players, and I just find it strange that he would take on a club under those benign parameters.

As regards whether he will play James, for the moment I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, we really are stretched thin across the front positions, and just a couple of injuries and he wonlt really have a choice in the matter.

I'm sorry, I find modern football tedious a lot of the time and the word 'romantic' came into my head immediately before your last paragraph, and your description fits very well with how Evertonians would like the game to be played.

We were once known as The School of Science and I'm old enough to remember why.

Football as a 90 minute spectacle is largely tedious. I'd agree with that.

But talk of events from 50-60 years ago in a completely different age, when football could also be rather dull at times, doesn't alter anything. There isn't a professional football manager in the game who's job is to mimic a romantic, rose-tinted unreliable narrative of what the game supposedly used to be.

The game has always valued hard work, channel runs and been full of yard-dogs and dour sides. It's not a modern thing.

I
Ridiculous.

Everton have what? 27 honours in our history?

James Rodriguez alone has 24. And he's 30. And it includes 2 Champions Leagues, and a top scorer at an actual world cup.

Anyone who doesn't think he improves us both commercially and on the pitch is a genuine idiot, or on the wind up.
I didn't say he hasn't been successful, please read back, with the clubs he's played for, highly likely he'll win things.
Has he lived up to expectations, I don't think so - that's why he plays for Everton

OMG. So you think photos of James vaping is going to destabilise the squad? lol

And why do you automatically assume that James is at fault for breaches of covid restrictions. It looks as though about half a dozen were affected by it so could easily have been something he picked up off one of the other players in training.

If there is bad blood between them they BOTH have to be professional and put it aside for the good of the team. I expect James to work hard in training and to get himself fit enough to be available for matches. I expect Benitez to utilise him within the squad when fit and not revert to some 5 year old gripe he may or may not have with the player.

There is absolutely no evidence, or even a hint of a suggestion, that James is a disruptive influence amongst the group or that he is disliked by the other players. Not a single thing. You, and people like you, are making things up to fit your narrative.
Heard Digne handed in a transfer request when he seen the pics. #rottenapple

With the transfer budget he had? You are talking utter spam.
He has improved the squad that was first for parts of last season and challenging for the top four with a few weeks to go. He has brought in his men, players who he has bought at other clubs, it's on him. To stay on topic, if he plays James he might just do what we demand of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.