2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was our highest paid player chilling in Ibiza and risking COVID regulations etc, and not on the training ground?
because the club want him off the books.

another question.
Why did the club, 1 year ago, sign this player and plaster him all over Times square only to try to force him out a year later.
The answer is money.
Everton cant afford to progress with James on the books so they are doing what they can to off load him.
I'd say Benitez also informed them that James wouldn't be part of his plans.
Blaming James for how poorly the club manages transfers is very shortsighted.

You may be right regarding the overall position mate. If so, what I find strange is that Benitez is not normally a manager who would accept that sort of arrangement. I think he's somebody who is quite proud of his managerial record and is still very ambitious. I don't like the man as an individual and, working in a red dominated environment during his stint in charge of Liverpool, makes it difficult for me to just accept his appointment as Everton manager. It's still strange seeing him in a blue tracksuit, but I really hope that changes for the better because it means that he is making us successful. He's also somebody with a history of battling with the clubs owners to get more money for transfers or to bring in better quality players, and I just find it strange that he would take on a club under those benign parameters.

As regards whether he will play James, for the moment I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, we really are stretched thin across the front positions, and just a couple of injuries and he wonlt really have a choice in the matter.
I just think he took this job because it had too many positives for him to refuse. He is in the twilight of his managerial career, he gets to live at home, after his time in China, he is on a lucrative 3year contract and, his ego and faith in his ability are such that he believes, even though he has been made aware of the financial constraints, that he can make a success of it.

I hope he is right and against the odds he can have us challenging for honours and I hope that you are right and he takes a pragmatic line with James. My instinct, however, tells me different, time will tell.

He has improved the squad that was first for parts of last season and challenging for the top four with a few weeks to go. He has brought in his men, players who he has bought at other clubs, it's on him. To stay on topic, if he plays James he might just do what we demand of him.
I’m not sure he would have purchased the players he did if he’d had more than £1.7 million. It’s a bit unfair to say he has the squad he wants, which is essentially what you are saying.

I’m not sure he would have purchased the players he did if he’d had more than £1.7 million. It’s a bit unfair to say he has the squad he wants, which is essentially what you are saying.
Rondón played for Benítez at Newcastle and in China and now here.

Townsend is quoted as saying “When he got the job, he called me and said: ‘I don’t know what I have at the club, I know you’re out of contract if you can be patient and I’ll assess the situation, and I’ll be back in contact."

Gray looks like he was a Brands signing but as I say, Benitez got his men. Some managers like to work with players that they have worked with before, like Martinez when he was bringing his old boys here.

Townsend is quoted as saying “When he got the job, he called me and said: ‘I don’t know what I have at the club, I know you’re out of contract if you can be patient and I’ll assess the situation, and I’ll be back in contact."

Gray looks like he was a Brands signing but as I say, Benitez got his men. Some managers like to work with players that they have worked with before, like Martinez when he was bringing his old boys here.
Absolutely flawed logic to say because they played for him before that he would get them if he’d had a decent budget. I think Benitez wanted Gray, but that’s an assumption, just like yours. I think we will have to agree to disagree. ;)

I think most managers would prefer to sign a player or players they know well.

Why was our highest paid player chilling in Ibiza and risking COVID regulations etc, and not on the training ground?

He was given time off by the club, and will have been authorised to go to Ibiza, which isn't a red list country.

Why was Allan allowed to go to Disney World, where 100,000s of people go? France is an amber list country just like Spain.

All of the players not on international duty were given Friday to Tuesday off. That's a decision from the club (and the manager). The club will also have authorised any trips they went on in advance.

we don't have all the facts admittedly, but if he has to go into quarantine as a result of his jaunt to Ibiza then that's on him. He's destablilising potentially because of the negative headlines he generates. We will have to deal over the next four months with constant references to the fact James is out in the cold. That's not good for anyone. I agree he is popular with the squad, but that doesn't help Benitez, the opposite really.
They aren't equals here. Benitez is the boss. And if he uses his reach to undermine the manager that is a situation it is understandable the club would wish to avoid. The very fact he is staying tells me he is going to be a nuisance. He knows Benitez doesn't want him, so why not cut a deal with another team? cos he can sit on his backside for nine months on a million quid a month, taking random pops at a guy he doesn't like? That seems a worryingly likely scenario.
Few things here

1) He was given time off by the club, as all the players were
2) The club will have authorised where he went, just like they'd have authorised Allan going to Disney World/Land whatever it is in Paris.
3) Both France and Spain (and Ibiza) are amber list nations. If the players are double vaccinated (we don't know if they are, but the club will, obviously) then they do not have to isolate. If they are not double vaccinated they will have to do a 2-day isolation period and then be good to go once they return a negative PCR test.

If you're going to have a go at James for going to Ibiza, then you'd have to have a go at Allan for going to Paris.

because the club want him off the books.

another question.
Why did the club, 1 year ago, sign this player and plaster him all over Times square only to try to force him out a year later.
The answer is money.
Everton cant afford to progress with James on the books so they are doing what they can to off load him.
I'd say Benitez also informed them that James wouldn't be part of his plans.
Blaming James for how poorly the club manages transfers is very shortsighted.
I agree with everything you say but just going to point out the reason he went to Ibiza (and he got back on Tuesday anyway) isn't because Everton want rid. He was given time off like the rest of the players were, that's all.

Few things here

1) He was given time off by the club, as all the players were
2) The club will have authorised where he went, just like they'd have authorised Allan going to Disney World/Land whatever it is in Paris.
3) Both France and Spain (and Ibiza) are amber list nations. If the players are double vaccinated (we don't know if they are, but the club will, obviously) then they do not have to isolate. If they are not double vaccinated they will have to do a 2-day isolation period and then be good to go once they return a negative PCR test.

If you're going to have a go at James for going to Ibiza, then you'd have to have a go at Allan for going to Paris.
You keep bringing up Allan who was pictured with his family, isolated from everybody else.

And comparing him to Hamez who was pictured passing drinks and vapes around with numerous complete strangers.

I mean they arent even similar.

You keep bringing up Allan who was pictured with his family, isolated from everybody else.

And comparing him to Hamez who was pictured passing drinks and vapes around with numerous complete strangers.

I mean they arent even similar.
Ey?

He went to Disneyland? How can he possibly have been 'isolated from everyone else'? Also, unless there's a bloke who lives with Allan's family, they were with extended family/friends, too.

James was on a yacht with his mates. There's no difference, and if anything, Allan would have risked more.

Don't be daft.

I don't think either of them have done anything wrong. The club will have authorised them to go and if the club weren't fully aware of the rules then that's on them.

Ey?

He went to Disneyland? How can he possibly have been 'isolated from everyone else'? Also, unless there's a bloke who lives with Allan's family, they were with extended family/friends, too.

James was on a yacht with his mates.

Don't be daft
Im not the 1 whos being daft.

If you cant tell the difference, then there is no helping you really.

Heres a clue, Allan was with his close contacts, Hamez wasnt.

Im not the 1 whos being daft.

If you cant tell the difference, then there is no helping you really.

Heres a clue, Allan was with his close contacts, Hamez wasnt.

Allan was with a person who was either a friend or an extended member of his family, unless he happens to live with a bloke too. Going off his Instagram, I don't think that's the case.

Again, the club will have authorised these trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.