2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy Jamez has remained at the club, he’s what we need to unlock stubborn defences when we run out of ideas. He’s a class act when fit. Everton will never get a player of his quality again so let’s hopefully enjoy it for one last season.
Are you certain about this?

Disruptive? I have only see him smiling when training and interacting with his teammates. Unlike Richarlison he has never even gotten into an argument with a teammate about taking a shot at goal, even when there were times last year that he should have taken the shot over the number 10.

Oh come on, Dave. James knows it is a team game and he is actually not a selfish player at all when on the field, he actually could take many shots himself instead of passing them but instead he feeds his play mates with nice passes, if they can't make them then that's on them.
Disruptive in three senses

1/ he's going to disrupt the flow of a team simply by not being available for them for at least one-third of a season - almost guaranteed
2/ his desertion of his duties as a player toward the end of last season not attending the last home game and leaving for Colombia as his team mates struggled on
3/ his comments that have challenged the judgement of the manager in making him train away from the forst team while his future was sorted out

I doubt he's been fully committed to any team outside of Colombia or the Colombian national team.

Disruptive in three senses

1/ he's going to disrupt the flow of a team simply by not being available for them for at least one-third of a season - almost guaranteed
2/ his desertion of his duties as a player toward the end of last season not attending the last home game and leaving for Colombia as his team mates struggled on
3/ his comments that have challenged the judgement of the manager in making him train away from the forst team while his future was sorted out

I doubt he's been fully committed to any team outside of Colombia or the Colombian national team.
He’s the biggest mistake this club has ever made and he’s sitting their on 200k a week now. He’s not fit, he’s not motivated, and he doesn’t give a crap about Everton.

Anyone who is for some reason angry that we've got this player at the club, please just watch this video (probably on mute) and appreciate what quality we have.

We know he has to get himself fit and we know he has to be motivated. But it's also on the club and Benitez to integrate him into the squad because this guy's talent cannot be wasted.

We now have an attack with some genuine width and pace which isn't as dependent on full-backs. We have the option to rotate James in and out and manage his gametime so as to reduce the risk of injuries. As an option for the squad there aren't many better.

The club cannot be stupid here. Hold talks with him, let him know he's here and part of the plans and we can reassess when the time comes. Until then, let's make the most of him.

More highlights in those 9 minutes than we've had in the past 9 seasons.

Should have had about 20 assists if Richarlison could have remembered how to score properly along with about another 6 goals for himself

Players like him see balls no one else see. His corner kicks were always bang on the money (something I've noticed people complaining about Townsends and Dignes this season)

I envy every Evertonian who will hopefully get to see this fella play at a packed Goodison. It's up to the player and the manager to settle whatever differences they have.

Its a very ridiculous situation , Benitez is very stubborn and there is no love lost between James and Benitez. How he can not even play our most creative player if fit is crazy. Ok we know James suffers from injuries but surely they both need to sit down and get this sorted once and for all.

I think that would be a big mistake. If Benitez is going to sideline him then it will be even harder getting rid off him in January and who is going to help the team with the goal contributions that he helped us with last year? It is not like we have signed someone that to help us with those, specially since we have lost the contributions from the footballer that's suspended and we are not to name here.
I dont think his contribution last season was especially significant.

The issue for me is this: he will leave in the next 12 months; so why would a manager invest in him, and why also would he do that at the expense of a hard working if less skillful player who fits more the system he seeks to impose for the long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.