Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways, James is the *most* Everton signing ever. Huge wages, injury prone, past their prime and an ego to boot. If you thought shifting Cenk Tosun was hard...
The guy is a total waste of money. 6 goals all season for 200k a week is NOT a good return on investment. By the way , i dont think Newcastle will buy him. Perhaps a loan with Everton paying half of his wages!

Could only see Gomes going to Fulham if he was prepared to drop a level as part of a deal that took Anguissa here.

If he went on loan to Portugal it would mean us subsidising the bulk of his wages.

The only thing is would his ego cope with it. If his wages were covered perhaps he would. Being honest he has to acknowledge that his career is spiralling downwards quickly.

He spoke before of liking working under a fellow Portuguese so it would be something to smooth a deal.

I'd be delighted if we could move him on, on terms that suited us, that is. I despair when I see him starting.

….Keane couldn’t lace Jagielka’s boots, regardless of who either plays alongside.
Wasn’t my intention to suggest he could, but I think both benefit from being part of a big man/small man partnership at CB and struggle when that dynamic changes. Funnily enough I think Keane and peak Jags would have made an excellent partnership.

To bring it back onto topic, I don’t think we’ll go shopping for a CB because I think having the choice of all fit CBs will a) help eradicate Keane’s errors by partnering him up with someone more suitable and b) raise everyone’s game through healthy competition for places.

Lost me with that first line.

Also - Keane had a shocker at Man City next to Godfrey. Then he had a shocker v Southampton next to Holgate. And then he had a shocker at Leeds next to Mina.
Don’t necessarily agree with that narrative. The entire XI had a shocker against City. Not excusing any individual from that but I doubt any CB we put on the pitch would have come off it with any credit.

He made an individual error in each of the first two games - both led to goals so of course they’re inexcusable - but he had otherwise solid games. If we have everyone fit he gets dropped for a few games and comes back ready to scrap for his place back. Maybe I’m being too nice, like, but I don’t think he warrants the level of criticism he gets.

That Raphina is a good tidy player, but he can't be he came from the farmers league didn't he, wish people would understand how daft and uneducated on the sport they sound when saying stuff like that. :Blink::hayee:

Get your finger out Brands or another decent start might be shat on down the line.

Don’t necessarily agree with that narrative. The entire XI had a shocker against City. Not excusing any individual from that but I doubt any CB we put on the pitch would have come off it with any credit.

He made an individual error in each of the first two games - both led to goals so of course they’re inexcusable - but he had otherwise solid games. If we have everyone fit he gets dropped for a few games and comes back ready to scrap for his place back. Maybe I’m being too nice, like, but I don’t think he warrants the level of criticism he gets.

Tbh he really won me over after lockdown last year he was really good for a long while. But since about March when he was dropped by England he’s been pretty dreadful. Seems to be a confidence player and you just don’t need one of those in central defence.

It all depends what offers he gets though.
I don’t know any Newcastle fan expecting this one to happen.

Truth is though, he’ll go to any club that will pay him what he wants.

Why, how much is do you think Newcastle will be paying him? If roumors are to be believed he's already our top earner on £200kpw. Are Newcastle paying that?

Go on twitter there's loads of them saying if he come to everton he'll go to Newcastle.

I dont know where this idea of james being some type of mercenary has come from. Personally i just think he doesn't like how fast and physical the prem is and he only came here because ancelotti convinced him to come. He doesn't seem to be the type of player to want to fight for his spot on the team sheet so he just wants to have a easy footballing life for the next few years. I think hed be more tyen happy to be a bench warmer at a CL side personally.

Tbh he really won me over after lockdown last year he was really good for a long while. But since about March when he was dropped by England he’s been pretty dreadful. Seems to be a confidence player and you just don’t need one of those in central defence.
Confidence player is probably a good way to put it. I just can’t see us spending out on a CB that is likely to improve us, when I think RB, CM and RF/ST (depending on who leaves) are arguably higher priorities.

Other than being exceptionally quick he really isn't that good if you watch him, I'm not surprised nobody has taken up Norwichs vast asking price that they want.
Yup. All of his attributes tend to relate to attacking qualities. But he is a defender. Can he defend? It's quite something in the modern game that analysis of full backs seems to completely ignore the bread and butter of the position. Ashley Cole, in my view, was the last great English full back. He was good going forward - without being exceptional - and absolutely tremendous defensively, as Cristiano Ronaldo would attest. Then again, defending is something of a lost art these days. But as the Italian national team proved, it's still a competitive edge.

Put simply, Keanes standard is about on a par with the level of expectation we have generally.

It would be Mina and Godfrey for me usually when everyone is fit. For a club with aspirations of the lofty heights of 8th, Keane in reserve is probably as good as it gets. The day it stops being good enough is the day we have both ambition and lots of spare cash.

He won't be going anywhere in a hurry unless these mistakes go to his head. He has recovered from shaky periods before and probably needs a break from the side.

Put simply, Keanes standard is about on a par with the level of expectation we have generally.

It would be Mina and Godfrey for me usually when everyone is fit. For a club with aspirations of the lofty heights of 8th, Keane in reserve is probably as good as it gets. The day it stops being good enough is the day we have both ambition and lots of spare cash.

He won't be going anywhere in a hurry unless these mistakes go to his head. He has recovered from shaky periods before and probably needs a break from the side.
Don’t disagree with any of that. Hurry back, Godfrey!

Kean to Italy in a swap deal is probably the best solution of all.

Swaps are rare and difficult to organise, so unlikely to be realistic. The Italian clubs do tend to be a lot more flexible than their counterparts here though.

If there was a suitable player looking for a fresh start somewhere, it would fit the bill for both parties.
I think this season may see a few more swaps because of finances.

I could imagine Kean for Correa. They will need a replacement forward.

Why, how much is do you think Newcastle will be paying him? If roumors are to be believed he's already our top earner on £200kpw. Are Newcastle paying that?

Go on twitter there's loads of them saying if he come to everton he'll go to Newcastle.

I dont know where this idea of james being some type of mercenary has come from. Personally i just think he doesn't like how fast and physical the prem is and he only came here because ancelotti convinced him to come. He doesn't seem to be the type of player to want to fight for his spot on the team sheet so he just wants to have a easy footballing life for the next few years. I think hed be more tyen happy to be a bench warmer at a CL side personally.
If a CL side is willing to take him on.

There doesn’t seem to be a queue of them because the European sides are all broke.

It’s a big salary for a bit part player.

Status
Not open for further replies.