Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good morning all, with a trip to the zoo on the cards for today I’ve put together today’s transfer rumours ‘early doors’ and in my opinion the Rodriquez to Newcastle shows us exactly how mad things are getting.

After a solid away day yesterday we should all be enjoying our Sunday…… until tomorrow blues

Newcastle will hold talks with Everton over a move for Colombia midfielder James Rodriguez, 30, at the request of manager Steve Bruce. (Calcio In Pile, via Star)

Everton have joined Bologna and Eintracht Frankfurt in the race to sign French defender Malang Sarr, 22, from Chelsea. (Gianluca Di Marzo - in Italian)

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is prepared to keep Jesse Lingard despite interest from Everton and West Ham United. According to Manchester Evening News, Solskjaer considers Lingard as a key player and plans to keep him for the campaign.

Everton have been given a clear indication that Joaquin Correa will not move to Goodison Park this summer. The Toffees are desperate to add more depth in the wide areas before the end of the transfer window. Transfer expert Alfredo Pedulla claimed this week that Everton had moved ahead of Inter Milan in the race to sign the 27-year-old with a bid worth £25.75million.

While Lazio director Igli Tare admitted that Correa has no future at the club, he made it clear that the player doesn't want to move abroad.

He said: “Joaquin Correa wants to leave Lazio. There’s a possibility with Inter, let’s see what happens in the negotiations - it’s up to Inter now.

“Correa wants to stay in Italy."
A trip to the zoo? That's nice. Which one?

He was really highly rated at 17/18 I suppose the only issue, is he’s only 6ft. Would him and Godfrey work?
I look upon it as a squad with partnerships within the squad. Last season we were a player short in CB. Now we aren't so somebody would need to go. The obvious salable asset would be Holgate.

For balance I would play Mina/Keane alongside Godfrey/Sarr. It could work as Godfrey back up. Being left footed would also add balance and help if we changed to a back 3.

Not bothered really. Would rather we concentrated on a RB and replacing James and Keane assuming they both go.

Status
Not open for further replies.