Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want both Kean/e’s gone ASAP. Spend the money on a RB and a CB.

I would be inclined to agree but can't see anyone buying Keane in his current poor vain of form. No one wants to buy Kean just loans and I'd rather use him as back up than go down that route. We are kind of trapped with them which is our main problem too many poor players on big salaries that they won't get anywhere else. RB is the biggest problem. CB isn't such a problem when Godfrey and Mina are fit.

I would be inclined to agree but can't see anyone buying Keane in his current poor vain of form. No one wants to buy Kean just loans and I'd rather use him as back up than go down that route. We are kind of trapped with them which is our main problem too many poor players on big salaries that they won't get anywhere else. RB is the biggest problem. CB isn't such a problem when Godfrey and Mina are fit.
I agree, but Mina never stays fit for long, so we need a decent backup. Youre very right tho, noone seems willing to pay for either.

Gomes and Rodriguez not even being on the bench must mean they are going.
If we can get a deal for Kean too that would be immense and free up some serious wages.
Surely Kenny will go out too.

Got a feeling he’s going to go with Godfrey, Mina and Keane again until January so won’t be bringing a CB in.

I think Keane is like Jagielka in that his CB partner will have a massive impact on how he plays and subsequently how he’s perceived as a player. As you say: once we have our full compliment of CBs fit, the issue will resolve itself.

I also don’t think Iwobi will be going anywhere. He’s had a good start under Benitez and so I doubt we’ll be spending our very limited budget on a replacement.

I think we’ll get a RB (probably Buta) a CM (hopefully to replace Gomes) and a ST if Kean goes. For Kenny to go I think he has to be prepared to drop at least one division so that’ll really be up to him.

I think Keane is like Jagielka in that his CB partner will have a massive impact on how he plays and subsequently how he’s perceived as a player. As you say: once we have our full compliment of CBs fit, the issue will resolve itself.

I also don’t think Iwobi will be going anywhere. He’s had a good start under Benitez and so I doubt we’ll be spending our very limited budget on a replacement.

I think we’ll get a RB (probably Buta) a CM (hopefully to replace Gomes) and a ST if Kean goes. For Kenny to go I think he has to be prepared to drop at least one division so that’ll really be up to him.

Lost me with that first line.

Also - Keane had a shocker at Man City next to Godfrey. Then he had a shocker v Southampton next to Holgate. And then he had a shocker at Leeds next to Mina.

My problem with Iwobi is these will probably be his only 2 good games so we should sell whilst his stock is high. I can't see Gomes going anywhere unless it's a loan as he is on a good number here. Keane is too easily put off his game in my opinion and with crowds back it will only get worse. Kenny and Delph will probably hang around until their contracts expire at the end of the season. Kenny will likely end up in a lower division as you say and I can see there being no takers for Delph at all.

Really can’t see that simply because I can’t see Ashley paying the (freshly) reported £200k per week. Not to mention we will want some money to offset the fee we gave Madrid to release him.
Appreciate we wouldn’t have though we could have got him, but at least with Mosh it’s not normally him putting his hand in his pocket preventing transfers.
Me neither bit it'd be a hoot if they did. C'mon horse punchers, show some ambition.

Gomes and Rodriguez not even being on the bench must mean they are going.
If we can get a deal for Kean too that would be immense and free up some serious wages.
Surely Kenny will go out too.

Got a feeling he’s going to go with Godfrey, Mina and Keane again until January so won’t be bringing a CB in.
Wasn’t Branthwaite on the bench too yesterday?

Do we have any money?

Would they take Kean in exchange?
Kean to Italy in a swap deal is probably the best solution of all.

Swaps are rare and difficult to organise, so unlikely to be realistic. The Italian clubs do tend to be a lot more flexible than their counterparts here though.

If there was a suitable player looking for a fresh start somewhere, it would fit the bill for both parties.

….Keane couldn’t lace Jagielka’s boots, regardless of who either plays alongside.

Status
Not open for further replies.