2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
and also if we lose Ancelotti and James at the same period it just shows that we can't handle being an ambitious club. Lurching from one transfer policy to another, from totally different styles of managers and playing styles, it'll be hard for players to take us seriously, and we'll be losing out to West Ham, Leeds and Leicester in the transfer market :(
We already are losing out to them. I’m sick of the managerial changes leaving us with no identity or plan. Surely any manager comes into our club and says let’s build the side around James? Get some pace in the side. Villa and Leicester have more ambition than us and both of them would take James in a heart beat

We already are losing out to them. I’m sick of the managerial changes leaving us with no identity or plan. Surely any manager comes into our club and says let’s build the side around James? Get some pace in the side. Villa and Leicester have more ambition than us and both of them would take James in a heart beat

They would, and they would manage him well. It's not that hard to plan for 2 styles of play - one with James, and one alternate without James when he's injured. we need a bit of flexibility at least.

Keep Iwobi and actively get rid of James, It's modern Everton summed up.

If they spent half the effort on moving out Iwobi, Delph, Gomes, some deadwood in the U23s and actually worked on clever transfers it would make a lot more sense. Stupid short-sighted Everton if they sell him.

There are enough teams who would take a gamble on our players, because a lot of managers feel like they can get the best out of a player, or the change of scene, being at home or close to home, a different style. If we can be conned out of £35m for Iwobi, a new PL club, or a promotion chasing club, Rangers, Celtic, a Dutch club, Spanish top 10 club could be persuaded to take on our 'stars'. Iwobi may as well start his career in USA or Qatar in my opinion. He'd look like a player, be well-off, comfortable....

Was always going to be a tough summer with FFP but sometimes Everton do best when they need to wheel and deal.

We lost Rooney, signed some middle of the road players with fight and finished 4th in the league.

The amount of times under Moyes we had to sell one of our best players to be able to sign players and we came out of it stronger.

If James goes we'll hopefully come out of it stronger ;)
Sure FFP always makes things harder but why not to sell other players that are really useless to the club, to mind come Iwobi and Delph. But it seems Benitez has more confident in Iwobi than James but it doesn't surprise me as ? like to be around ?. He is probably still resentful that James pass helped Everton beat his former club (the one you lost your bet against, remember :p)

I want Everton to be stronger too but letting James go without a good replacement makes us vulnerable instead of robust and we won't find a good replacement for the same amount of money that we got James for.

Sure FFP always makes things harder but why not to sell other players that are really useless to the club, to mind come Iwobi and Delph. But it seems Benitez has more confident in Iwobi than James but it doesn't surprise me as ? like to be around ?. He is probably still resentful that James pass helped Everton beat his former club (the one you lost your bet against, remember :p)

I want Everton to be stronger too but letting James go without a good replacement makes us vulnerable instead of robust and we won't find a good replacement for the same amount of money that we got James for.

The only player for Everton who is irreplaceable for me is Richarlison.

Everyone else can be replaced imo if the recruitment is done right.

Im confident with Benitez if James goes we'll bring in 2-3 good players for the starting 11.

Be nice if it was the likes of Iwobi instead but no one will take that loser off our hands lol

Status
Not open for further replies.