2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think Coutinho will be his replacement Sassy have done for months.

Loan with an option to buy - leaving money for a RB & RW.
I guess we all have our opinions and vision for the club this season, for me is having James at least one more year and extend the contract if he performs well. If you compare the stats between both players James is a more productive player when it comes to goals and assist, Coutinho may have more pace but James is a more skilled player and can help Everton score so for the same age and very similar salary I rather to keep James.

If we sell him I think we really need to question what the hells happening to this club....him signing was a miracle... I only see a few positives at the club at the moment, the new ground being the main one, the next is having a world class playmaker at the club ‘James’.

and also if we lose Ancelotti and James at the same period it just shows that we can't handle being an ambitious club. Lurching from one transfer policy to another, from totally different styles of managers and playing styles, it'll be hard for players to take us seriously, and we'll be losing out to West Ham, Leeds and Leicester in the transfer market :(

I guess we all have our opinions and vision for the club this season, for me is having James at least one more year and extend the contract if he performs well. If you compare the stats between both players James is a more productive player when it comes to goals and assist, Coutinho may have more pace but James is a more skilled player and can help Everton score so for the same age and very similar salary I rather to keep James.

Was always going to be a tough summer with FFP but sometimes Everton do best when they need to wheel and deal.

We lost Rooney, signed some middle of the road players with fight and finished 4th in the league.

The amount of times under Moyes we had to sell one of our best players to be able to sign players and we came out of it stronger.

If James goes we'll hopefully come out of it stronger ;)

Or maybe he actually was tired?

Some people are like that. Saha was similar, never played if he wasn't feeling in tip top shape.

I don't get the lazy stuff about Rodriguez at all, certainly not on the pitch. He's not Peter Reid or anything but he doesn't just stand around waiting for the ball to come to him either. It's like how people called Yakubu lazy when really he just conserved his energy for the right moment where he would leave a defender for dead and score. Not everyone needs to run around like a headless chicken.
Like the skateboard kid......but he runs around a lot

Was always going to be a tough summer with FFP but sometimes Everton do best when they need to wheel and deal.

We lost Rooney, signed some middle of the road players with fight and finished 4th in the league.

The amount of times under Moyes we had to sell one of our best players to be able to sign players and we came out of it stronger.

If James goes we'll hopefully come out of it stronger ;)

That's different because our ambitions were slightly lower (top 6 if possible) and our transfer policy and tactics were very consistent, the club was stable. Now we have a personality disorder and no clue what we stand for or believe in. It's important because incoming players and staff will not want to come to a club in turmoil. Under Moyes & Martinez, people could see a forward direction and potential and it was worth investing in. Same under Koeman in the early months, and of course Ancelotti. Now what are we saying to potential players if we are shifting our policy so dramatically from one season to the next?

Status
Not open for further replies.