2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I think the club might be missing a trick with regard to Rodriguez profile and more importantly the clubs profile on the American continent.

I appreciate he’s not available every game, but even used sparingly the club might be better off exploiting Rodriguez and bringing in players with potential from that part of the world.
TBH I'm totally puzzled by the Club stands when it comes to James. They have certainly made the most of his image and totally exploited his appeal while in the US. He is really increasing the profile of the Club, after all he is one of the most followed footballers in social media. I bet even his jersey sales have made up for some of the money that the Club is paying him. Moreover, even if we sell him for $10 million we will not be able to get a player of his global status and appeal for that money, nor we will be able to replace someone with his creativity for that price tag.

TBH I'm totally puzzled by the Club stands when it comes to James. They have certainly made the most of his image and totally exploited his appeal while in the US. He is really increasing the profile of the Club, after all he is one of the most followed footballers in social media. I bet even his jersey sales have made up for some of the money that the Club is paying him. Moreover, even if we sell him for $10 million we will not be able to get a player of his global status and appeal for that money, nor we will be able to replace someone with his creativity for that price tag.
The club earns no money from jersey sales.

I don’t think he wants to be at Everton. I think he only joined because he is in love with Carlo Ancellotti.

…..it was obvious the regard he’s held during that tour. The club should exploit that, surely the income generated would cover the players salary. I suppose there is the possibility Rodriguez wants to leave, I don’t think Everton are being clever managing this situation.

I don’t think he wants to be at Everton. I think he only joined because he is in love with Carlo Ancellotti.
He indeed joined because of Ancelotti but I have never heard him say that he wants out, if anything in a recent Instagram live he said he wanted to stay.

Fantastic man management by Benitez - no doubt he likely wants to keep him but knows how indulged he was under Carlo so is sending a message: "im happy for you to leave if you want to go otherwise you're no more special than the rest of the squad".

Even if he goes reinvest the money in a Gblammo with pace and creativity (or Coutinho).

That's just it though, it's James Rodriguez we're talking about. "Work hard" isn't in his vocabulary. He's a supremely talented luxury player.

I think one of the biggest issues at Everton is a toxic dressing room - so many times we just haven't turned up because the players couldn't be arsed. If you accommodate James, who is that exact issue personified with his injuries (e.g. allowed time off for a holiday), then it sends the message of "why should we be arsed if he isn't?" - there was a player interview this week which said the exact same thing.

James doesn't want to be here. The moment Ancelotti walked we all knew what was going to happen. It's a matter of if, not when.

It's a shame, but ultimately James is at Everton in the first place because he lacks the professionalism to make the most of his innate talents. A prima donna. The position we're in as a club - undisciplined, lacking direction, incompetence all over the shop - aren't in a position to really accommodate that. I can understand Benitez not seeing James as indispensable.

Spot on that - he's the right player at the wrong club.

Club needs fighters and pace and James has neither.

…..it was obvious the regard he’s held during that tour. The club should exploit that, surely the income generated would cover the players salary. I suppose there is the possibility Rodriguez wants to leave, I don’t think Everton are being clever managing this situation.
They are definitely not being clever managing the situation when we are getting all these mixed signals, they promote him on social media like no other of our footballers, but then the rumors about him leaving are so prevalent and now that Aguirre has come out with the latest rumor it seems there may be a lot of truth behind some of them. It would be nice if the Club will send a clear message regarding their position when it comes to James. Moreover, if the Club really needs to be getting rid off players so they can balance their budget or have money to use to purchase other players then they should be getting rid of unvaccinated and conspiracy promoter by the name of Delph.

Status
Not open for further replies.