Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to know one or two billionaires and am well versed in how their companies are run and who theyve appointed to run them.

If you think all billionaires / wealthy people only seek to improve each business they own year on year (as would seem logical) then im afraid you are incorrect :)

We dont actually know what Moshiri is thinking...you could be right but equally you may be wrong.

Benitez has only lost Bernard.

Added Kean, Gbamin, Townsend, Gray and Begovic since last season.

His target has to be over 60pts.
Wow! Like, WOW wow!

@Zatara
DID YOU ACTUALLY JUST SAY THIS?

"I happen to know one or two billionaires and am well versed in how their companies are run and who theyve appointed to run them.

If you think all billionaires / wealthy people only seek to improve each business they own year on year (as would seem logical) then im afraid you are incorrect :)

We dont actually know what Moshiri is thinking...you could be right but equally you may be wrong."

lol
Incredible, even by your standards

Youre absolutely in dreamland if you think billionaires run every business to improve year on year.

Thats extremely naive.

Youve heard of:

Asset stripping? Trophy businesses? Nostalgia purchases? Supply chains?

A guy i know has a company which owns a few horses. He doesnt care if they win or lose...just has it for the prestige of being able to take his clients to the owners box at the races and wander down to the track etc. Its a money pit for him.

This £55mil annual net spend which people think is high for a multi billionaire.

We spent £65mil approx last season on transfer fees. If Moshiri spent £200mil this summer on players then hed still have made more than that from his other businesses.

For an owner to claim he wants to be challenging at the top of the table in the premier league he either needs to invest in youth like Leicester and/or spend big fees like the top 6 clubs.

This summer, if weve signed the 3 players already brought in plus Dumfries and perhaps McNeil...

The money will mean nothing to him. "Monopoly money".

The acid test will be how much we spend each summer even when we have the new stadium.

If Moshiri wants to achieve success it costs money. £55mil a year is probably 3rd in the league since he came in. I imagine its probably £15-£20mil a season more than the 4th placed team.

If the 4th placed team has a squad worth £750mil and Everton has one worth £500mil then it would take 12.5 years to catch up to them based upon both sides values appreciating/depreciating at the same level and our net spend following the same trajectory.

Now, if we were to suddenly spend £100mil after sales this and next summer on new players then id change my mind.

If someone is telling me a billionaire accountant has planned so poorly for FFP that we cant spend much this summer...

...i call that nonsense.

Keane mate...not Kean ;)

I happen to know one or two billionaires and am well versed in how their companies are run and who theyve appointed to run them.

We dont actually know what Moshiri is thinking...you could be right but equally you may be wrong.

Benitez has only lost Bernard.

Added Kean, Gbamin, Townsend, Gray and Begovic since last season.

His target has to be over 60pts.

I do think Kean will be sold as well as one of the centre backs and a centre midfielder or two.

I also think we will make one decent sized signing.
Can you get your billions mates to buy us a right back please

Youre absolutely in dreamland if you think billionaires run every business to improve year on year.

Thats extremely naive.

Youve heard of:

Asset stripping? Trophy businesses? Nostalgia purchases? Supply chains?

A guy i know has a company which owns a few horses. He doesnt care if they win or lose...just has it for the prestige of being able to take his clients to the owners box at the races and wander down to the track etc. Its a money pit for him.

This £55mil annual net spend which people think is high for a multi billionaire.

We spent £65mil approx last season on transfer fees. If Moshiri spent £200mil this summer on players then hed still have made more than that from his other businesses.

For an owner to claim he wants to be challenging at the top of the table in the premier league he either needs to invest in youth like Leicester and/or spend big fees like the top 6 clubs.

This summer, if weve signed the 3 players already brought in plus Dumfries and perhaps McNeil...

The money will mean nothing to him. "Monopoly money".

The acid test will be how much we spend each summer even when we have the new stadium.

If Moshiri wants to achieve success it costs money. £55mil a year is probably 3rd in the league since he came in. I imagine its probably £15-£20mil a season more than the 4th placed team.

If the 4th placed team has a squad worth £750mil and Everton has one worth £500mil then it would take 12.5 years to catch up to them based upon both sides values appreciating/depreciating at the same level and our net spend following the same trajectory.

Now, if we were to suddenly spend £100mil after sales this and next summer on new players then id change my mind.

If someone is telling me a billionaire accountant has planned so poorly for FFP that we cant spend much this summer...

...i call that nonsense
Absolutely

Can you get your billions mates to buy us a right back please

Sadly, not mates....not into football either.

I think we'll get a right back but whether thats Dumfries, Spence or someone decent is anyones guess.

Hopefully were pretending to be in trouble this window and negotiating multiple deals down to the bones...

Just never know with Moshiri if we'll splash the cash like the 'Koeman/Walsh' summer of 100 number 10s or just toddle along until the stadium is built and he sells up.

It’s funny that you have to go back decades for all these success stories. I await you bringing up getting Newcastle United promoted as an example of a recent achievement.
I could equally say, you call him a midtable manager solely on what happened at Newcastle. And to repeat, he was there 3 years, took over when they were in the relegation zone, stuck with them in the championship and brought them straight back up, and consolidated them into midtable the following year, all on a negative net spend. And this is the stick you use to beat him with. What should he have done there, had them in Europe or winning trophies, with a relegation team and no money to spend?

Sadly, not mates....not into football either.

I think we'll get a right back but whether thats Dumfries, Spence or someone decent is anyones guess.

Hopefully were pretending to be in trouble this window and negotiating multiple deals down to the bones...

Just never know with Moshiri if we'll splash the cash like the 'Koeman/Walsh' summer of 100 number 10s or just toddle along until the stadium is built and he sells up.
So, yo know them but your'e not mates...understandable.

...i call that nonsense.

Billionaires are not exempt from mistakes and poor decisions. Some examples off the top of my head are hp suing a company they bought because they'd cooked their books and hp missed it, or all the billionaire investors backing that silicon valley entrepreneur (her company was called theranos) who turned out to be a fraudster.

I'd suggest that moshiri had a 5 year plan, where he'd invest X with the assumption we'd be competing at a certain level by then. The 5 years is up, so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he's seen it as a failure and re-evaluated what we'll be doing for the next few years.

I could equally say, you call him a midtable manager solely on what happened at Newcastle. And to repeat, he was there 3 years, took over when they were in the relegation zone, stuck with them in the championship and brought them straight back up, and consolidated them into midtable the following year, all on a negative net spend. And this is the stick you use to beat him with. What should he have done there, had them in Europe or winning trophies, with a relegation team and no money to spend?

So he’s incapable of having teams punching above their weight, so what exactly is it you expect him to do here with a mid table team and no money to spend?

So he’s incapable of having teams punching above their weight, so what exactly is it you expect him to do here with a mid table team and no money to spend?
I have no idea what his budget is, so can't really say what I expect at this point. All I can say is that he is well capable of punching above his weight as his record shows, and that he was the best man for the job by a country mile. Who did you want, Nuno?

Status
Not open for further replies.