Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

@LocalNative sorry i quoted you but clicked send.

If Benitez isnt keen on Dumfries but Brands is then hopefully we dont go for him.

I hope we dont get him anyway but the manager needs to at least have players he wants...

Brands stock is at its lowest at the moment.
Brands stock is low for the exact reason that you mentioned, a manager needs to have the players he wants.

I'm sure he did, but if he also bought a team that finished second and got to a CL final I don't think you get to say 'look at the dross he bought'

Why? If you're going to go on about his transfers that worked out then his transfers that failed should also be rightly pointed out. Aquilani £17m, Babel £11.5m, Dossena £7m, Riera £8m. £19m for Robbie Keane who he then sold 7 months later for £12m, that was a great bit of business.

Last edited:
This.

Benitez has made a number of questionable signings over the years, that much is undeniable, but to deny that he's also had loads of successes or that he's 'terrible' in the transfer market is inaccurate really.
Like most managers he has signed some good players. Many of his great ones were already good players (fitting them into a working team takes ability on its own though).

He used to make loads of weird transfers though in the 1-5M bracket who never or barely kicked a ball for Liverpool.

Its probably fair to say he is average in the transfer market rather than great or terrible.

Keane mate...not Kean ;)

I happen to know one or two billionaires and am well versed in how their companies are run and who theyve appointed to run them.

If you think all billionaires / wealthy people only seek to improve each business they own year on year (as would seem logical) then im afraid you are incorrect :)

We dont actually know what Moshiri is thinking...you could be right but equally you may be wrong.

Benitez has only lost Bernard.

Added Kean, Gbamin, Townsend, Gray and Begovic since last season.

His target has to be over 60pts.

I do think Kean will be sold as well as one of the centre backs and a centre midfielder or two.

I also think we will make one decent sized signing.
@Zatara
DID YOU ACTUALLY JUST SAY THIS?

"I happen to know one or two billionaires and am well versed in how their companies are run and who theyve appointed to run them.

If you think all billionaires / wealthy people only seek to improve each business they own year on year (as would seem logical) then im afraid you are incorrect :)

We dont actually know what Moshiri is thinking...you could be right but equally you may be wrong."

lol
Incredible, even by your standards

This.

Benitez has made a number of questionable signings over the years, that much is undeniable, but to deny that he's also had loads of successes or that he's 'terrible' in the transfer market is inaccurate really.

He did make some boss signings but most of those players were already household names and they had to pay big money at the time to get them in.

Torres £20.2m, Mascherano £18.6m, Alonso £10.7m, etc.

@Zatara
DID YOU ACTUALLY JUST SAY THIS?

"I happen to know one or two billionaires and am well versed in how their companies are run and who theyve appointed to run them.

We dont actually know what Moshiri is thinking...you could be right but equally you may be wrong."

lol
Incredible, even by your standards

He does know billionares.

However he didn't explain that 1 billion Vietnamese dong is only about £30k

Other than maybe Agger (and even he was a Danish International who they paid 6M for) I would say that none of these players were "unearthed"

They were already good players who he paid good money for. Nothing wrong with that either but they were not hidden gems or anything.
They came as decent/good players but more importantly they all excelled under his coaching and guidance esp Alonso and Torres who turned out to be world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.