Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, that is not how business works. His interview will have been him and the chairman saying they want to finish as high as possible and win things. Do you honestly think he was told to finish mid table and he agreed? Honestly, the guff people spout on this board.

I believe the club want midtable safety as they see it until the stadium is built. Nothing in their actions suggests anything different.

Last season, our away form was outstanding and our home form let us down so that, at the death we missed top 6/top 4 by a small margin, even given the fact that overall our squad was "lacking".
So, whoever the manager was to be, in this coming season, he only needs to replicate our away form and improve our home form for us to be challenging, once more at the top end of the table, as opposed to the middle of the table.

The question surely is, can Benitez get those sort of consitent performances out of this squad , with the few additions we have already added?

Time will tell and speculation, at this stage, is pointless.

Well, seeing as it’s so nice and cheerful in here this morning, I think I’ll go back to sleep.

There’s two weeks to go, how about waiting a bit longer, before writing our season off ?

I believe the club want midtable safety as they see it until the stadium is built. Nothing in their actions suggests anything different.
Firstly, what has BMD actually got to do with it? It wont change anything for a few years.

Secondly, Just why??? It is ludicrous. Have you ever run a business? If so, did you opt for trying to scrape by or did you aim to succeed?

Firstly, what has BMD actually got to do with it? It wont change anything for a few years.

Secondly, Just why??? It is ludicrous. Have you ever run a business? If so, did you opt for trying to scrape by or did you aim to succeed?

You don't appoint managers well past their best and back them with free transfers if your aim is to improve significantly.

They can say whatever they like, their actions are not going to improve us.

Depends if I was forced to take on an old manager who's best days are waaayyyyy behind him .

The board wouldn't have appointed such a divisive, out-dated, over-rated manager if theIR no.1 ambition was to compete this season. They appointed him because they are only interested in preserving our midtable position.

The board talk a good game but their actions don't back it up. I just filled out that survey, and I said as much.
But mid table and hes hounded out and the board are back to square one next summer.

Maybe this season is about balancing the books and getting players out and hoping that Benitez can improve this group. I think if we finish 9th/ 10th only real signs of improvement, will save him which I Know sounds mad finishing in the same place, but you know what I mean.

And with more deadwood out next sumner. He will need to seriously backed at some point or he will be gone sooner than later

Heard it all before, how Koeman was going to get time, Martinez was going to get time. TBF to Martinez he got a bit longer due to goodwill banked from his first season, but no way is the kopite waiter getting us 72 points.

A bad sequence of results with a stint in the bottom 6 is all it will take for him to be smoked out.

Well yeah, no one is disputing that.

If I'm wrong, then I will be proved wrong by whatever moves the club makes between now and end of August. Let's see what happens.

Nothing to improve the squad has happenned yet - maybe Demerai Gray, but that's another one we'll find out in time.

We've appointed a manager a long way past their best. I see us having a terrible season unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.