Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see if he gets removed for finishing mid table then shall we.
The only way he will still be in charge is if we have a really good season. Goodison will be a bear pit if were toddling along in 10th by Christmas.

It was an unpopular appointment and all concerned will need us to make a good start and hopefully keep a reasonable momentum.

He might get some breaks like winning the derby but he's gonna need them. He needs a lot to fall into his lap. Finishing 10th wont cut it.

The only way he will still be in charge is if we have a really good season. Goodison will be a bear pit if were toddling along in 10th by Christmas.

It was an unpopular appointment and all concerned will need us to make a good start and hopefully keep a reasonable momentum.

He might get some breaks like winning the derby but he's gonna need them. He needs a lot to fall into his lap. Finishing 10th wont cut it.

Let’s see.

What??? You think clubs don’t employ managers to keep them safely in the Premier League???? As if that’s some grand conspiracy theory, the likes of Newcastle and Crystal Palace appointing managers with the aspiration of remaining mid table? Wow, yes, tin foil hat nonsense indeed that.
FFS, his job is to win stuff and finish as high as possible, it is Rafael beintez, not my gran, it is his job. Who REALLY believes he has been asked to finish mid table?

Honestly, have a word.

Rafael Benitez is a mid table manager. The year is 2021. Get used to it, we aren’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
That is not the point, he will have been challenged with, and sold himself as getting as high a finish as possible. All this nonsense about being told to finish mid table until we get BMD......just WOW

I feel sorry for you tbh. You’re not going to have a very nice couple of years.
Heard it all before, how Koeman was going to get time, Martinez was going to get time. TBF to Martinez he got a bit longer due to goodwill banked from his first season, but no way is the kopite waiter getting us 72 points.

A bad sequence of results with a stint in the bottom 6 is all it will take for him to be smoked out.

Guardiola could manage us and we’re not breaking the top 8 this year.
Well let’s see how the window ends. But we won 3 of our last 12 I think. One more win and we would have been 8th one point behind Spurs in 7th

I know all teams can say what if. But some of them other games in that run. Palace we miss 3/4 sitters, Spurs at home gift them 2 goals, while we again miss some very good chances. And villa away another game in which we controlled but threw away 2 points.

Also teams around us, yes Arsenal are buying players by the looks of it. Spurs will to, but they are loosing 2 of the 3 players that score all their goals and create all their chances from last season. West Ham not doing much and have the extra games. I’m hopeful if we can get them extra couple of quality players in, we will be in the mix for top 8.

A lot of it will come down to luck and keeping your best players fit

That is not the point, he will have been challenged with, and sold himself as getting as high a finish as possible. All this nonsense about being told to finish mid table until we get BMD......just WOW

The board wouldn't have appointed such a divisive, out-dated, over-rated manager if theIR no.1 ambition was to compete this season. They appointed him because they are only interested in preserving our midtable position.

The board talk a good game but their actions don't back it up. I just filled out that survey, and I said as much.

The board wouldn't have appointed such a divisive, out-dated, over-rated manager if theIR no.1 ambition was to compete this season. They appointed him because they are only interested in preserving our midtable position.

The board talk a good game but their actions don't back it up. I just filled out that survey, and I said as much.
Once again, that is not how business works. His interview will have been him and the chairman saying they want to finish as high as possible and win things.I am not saying he will achieve it btw, just that that will be the aim. Do you honestly think he was told to finish mid table and he agreed? Honestly, the guff people spout on this board.

What do you realistically think we can do within the limitations we have?

How would you improve the squad when you can’t buy players?

We have Benitez because we have no money. We couldn’t pay for a manager like Potter.

I personally think this season, somewhere round 8th to 10th is likely. I’m not happy, but that is the position we are in this season.
Benitez is on between £6m and £9m a year, which is way above that of Potter. If you're talking about money to spend, again I think that's a fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.