2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be gutted if we can't make it work with him, you need a bit of quality and it's Benitez job to get the players around him that allow him to flourish, getting rid of your best player stinks.
I just don't see James as a benitez player and benitez probably had worked that out before he took the job .

Just can’t see it.

James is easy click bait for any Latín journalist, knowing thousands will click any article.

He doesn’t look unhappy, Benitez hasn’t said anything which suggests he’s off, and aside from astronomical wages (which he’ll actually give us something back in return for), there’s no reason why we wouldn’t keep him.

Hopefully they spelt Alex Iwobi wrong, instead.

Sevilla want him, but can't afford his wages.

If we sold him for 10 mil, then we will have lost money on him as his signing fee was more than that. We want double that.

As for FFP, getting his big wages off the books is more important.
Hes on £90k a week..... Delph is on £80k a week. I know which one I'd throw off the payroll first.

The Echo still routinely write about him like there's a far higher chance that he'll be going rather than staying...

He wouldn't have played the other day if he's been told he won't be involved.

He will only leave if he wants to leave and a good offer comes in. Until then, he is our player.
We were probably contracted to play him because of the Columbian opposition and his status with the large Hispanic / Columbian ex pat community in Florida.

It probably suits his bank account more if he stays. It also suits Everton more if he stays. I hope he stays.

However, I cant make the match on the 14th Aug and the next home game will be 13th September after the window closes. I dearly hope I wont miss seeing one of the best players to pull on the shirt in 25 years, after 23 years of ST ownership....

I hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.