Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were bemused why we would sign him...as i am.

Its an alarm bell then...

No. We signed a player who had flopped at Leicester...moved to Leverkusen for €2mil and flopped there too.

Thats the player we signed.
why did Leicester want to offer him a new contract then, and why did he have well over a hundred appearances for them? Bayer had no choice but to let him go, it was a release clause.

why did Leicester want to offer him a new contract then, and why did he have well over a hundred appearances for them? Bayer had no choice but to let him go, it was a release clause.

Youre correct, 169 games for Leicester and 13 goals.

He flopped there after big expectations and also at Leverkusen.

Perhaps he'll do well for us...but at the moment the evidence doesnt look positive.

Arsenal fans were laughing at us for signing Iwobi, Man Utd fans were laughing at us for signing Schnederlin. Leicester fans have seen him for five years, we’ve seen him for two friendlies. It doesn’t mean he can’t be a success but you’d be a fool to ignore and place unrealistic expectations on the lad that he’ll suddenly light up the prem.
They haven't seen him play consistently since 2019. It's possible he's grown since.

They haven't seen him play consistently since 2019. It's possible he's grown since.
Yes, I expect he has developed significantly since he’s not been playing first team football. It’s possible, of course but not very likely. We could try not playing Godfrey for the next two years, it’s possible that he’ll grow…

It's a punt for loose change down down the back of the sofa in footballing terms. I'll judge him on what he does in an Everton shirt as I've not watched much of him over the years.

Leicester fans may well have seen more of him and have their opinions but they were all fuming when Pearson went and Ranieri got the job while the rest of footballing fandom laughed and pointed at that ridiculous decision. If Jamie Vardy had left Leicester after his first couple of seasons they'd have been similarly unimpressed by the non-league 18-30 club rep wannabe.

Can't believe some bloos get so upset over the "bantz" from other fans or give a toss about their opinions.

Perhaps he'll do well for us...but at the moment the evidence doesnt look positive.

Weird thing to say. In the 60 minutes or so I've watched him this pre-season, he's looked faster, sharper, more direct, more skillful, more positive and more talented than any of our other first team players did the whole second half of last season. Caution is obviously needed and we shouldn't jump the gun, but lets just see how he kicks off for us in the PL when the season really begins.

Yes, I expect he has developed significantly since he’s not been playing first team football. It’s possible, of course but not very likely. We could try not playing Godfrey for the next two years, it’s possible that he’ll grow…
I agree with the point here but it's funny to me how often people talk about how players should get better in training so they don't need to play. Trust me we'll here it regarding Gordon this year.

Still my bigger point is Leicester fans can chill tf out. They've long given up on him but I doubt he's given up on himself.

If it turns out to be a decent buy for a couple of mil, when we have already written him off, does that mean we have to give RB credit for his man management, coaching etc?

The past does not provide any evidence, merely a loose indicator of what may happen.

History is littered with "flops" at clubs who go on to have great success elsewhere. You never know what will happen. If we did then everyone who wasn't brilliant at their first club would end up retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.