Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be happy with Pereira he's the right age, got pace, would see the club as a step up and wouldn't cost a fortune but I dont think it will happen I think realistically it would be more a Coutinho type on loan if James went.

The problem for us with the likes of James is its a long season - if he picks up a knock Ancelotti would give him the month off - Benitez wont do that. I'll be shocked if he's not caused any rifts from now until the seasons end if he stays same as Kean.

They aint players you would want in the trenches with you and we have to start going back to being a club greater than the sum of its parts with everyone pulling their weight.

We need an exodus of the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Holgate etc who dont have the right mentality its why no matter who the manager is we keep going around in circles.

Benitez will manage them better but there is only so much he can do with those types of characters.

We just need good players and he's a good player.

This idea he doesn't work hard is also nonsense really. He just can't leg it about like a mad man. But Benitez teams do even less pressing than Ancelotti teams, so what does it matter.

Oh yes.

2017 77m
2018 182m
2019 89m
2020 108m
2021 67m

So thats :

523million pounds worth of players
68m in Managers comp and wages
120m in Agents fees
660m in players wages

1.3 Billion pounds
To go from 11th when Moshiri took us over, to 10th which we finished last season.

Whats our name?

Whilst a huge waste, in the main, it is a little bit offset by the circa £700m, ish, in income. Maybe more. 5 x TV cash, 5 x gates, 5 x USM.

Oh yes.

2017 77m
2018 182m
2019 89m
2020 108m
2021 67m

So thats :

120m in Agents fees
660m in players wages

1.3 Billion pounds
To go from 11th when Moshiri took us over, to 10th which we finished last season.

Whats our name?
Newcastle?

Either way, Mosh has dropped a wad on us. Maybe this time the club will actually sort themselves out. Early days, and whilst not great, its a bit encouraging.

And yeah, I know.
I like the 3 players we have signed and for 1.5m theres very little that can go wrong.

Sure Asmir has a blunder in him, but hes back up to Englands number 1, Townsend isnt gonna be winning any Ballons and Gray has shown flashes of promise, but theres a small chance, I think all 3 will provide us a little something and if they dont, we have spent the price of a cup of tea.

Oh yes.

2017 77m
2018 182m
2019 89m
2020 108m
2021 67m

So thats :

120m in Agents fees
660m in players wages

1.3 Billion pounds

Whats our name?
Youmakemesad FC aren't we

Im almost certain 95% of the current squad are available.

We cant FORCE teams to buy them.
That’s why we pay megabucks for people to try.
Anyone of us could hold our hands up and say it’s too hard, and give up.
I’m not overly convinced a lot of the players up for sale, we havent had the squad to cover too many sales. It may be different now we’ve had a few come in.

I like the 3 players we have signed and for 1.5m theres very little that can go wrong.

Sure Asmir has a blunder in him, but hes back up to Englands number 1, Townsend isnt gonna be winning any Ballons and Gray has shown flashes of promise, but theres a small chance, I think all 3 will provide us a little something and if they dont, we have spent the price of a cup of tea.
£1.6M for a cup of tea? :Blink:

We just need good players and he's a good player.

This idea he doesn't work hard is also nonsense really. He just can't leg it about like a mad man. But Benitez teams do even less pressing than Ancelotti teams, so what does it matter.

The problem IS pace though - him and Allan in a midfield 3 is just too slow which leaves either Doucoure or Gbamin with too much to do defensively.

I think to allow James to play central you need a Gana type who just buzzes around sweeping up.

Its the whole Gomes argument - the fella tries he just can't do the required pressing/running in this league.

I agree about Iwobi, how could anybody with eyes think he would be a good signing, for 30m+, its amazing.

Now I understand he was signed win the hope that in a different team he could turn those stats into something worthwhile, but to then spend huge money on a complete gamble is just amazing. Personally I think we thought the 55m we offered for Zaha would see Palace see sense, so when they didnt come back, well, the rest is history.

Tend to agree, don't think Brands has done nearly as badly as Walsh & Koeman - but Iwobi is a standout 'What ?'.

He was at the time too - I guess the thinking was that he was young and some of his stats were very good for the previous season at Arsenal.

It's a shame we often have to look for a 'bargain' and not just pay for the real deal - but I guess that is where we are in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.