Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played James pretty much as a central forward yesterday.

Allan can do exactly what Gana did in terms of buzzing about but then you need someone to be disciplined next to him - and yes that would take away from Doucoure's game.

Then again mate, our main issue is we are incapable of playing out from the back because we don't have a single midfielder, bar Davies, who is capable of getting the ball off the defence and turning out with it, and Davies can't carry it well anyway.

James has the quality which makes the difference. Get the ball into him in the areas he can do damage. We need another midfielder because we lack anyone who can play deep and actually get on the ball.

Ultimately I think if Everton are to progress then one of James or Allan has to come out the starting 11 with a pacey player brought in.

Look at Leicester - Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans - very good blend of pace, creativity, solid and agility - we are miles off that.

You could argue Allan would be the one to come out but he's likely the one who'll be here longer term and probably be bouncing around throwing challenges in when the Goodison crowd is up for it - he's more of a Benitez player.

James for me is the ideal player at the wrong time/club. If we persist with the two together we'll continue being over run in midfield and too pedestrian.

No good bringing pace in the wide areas if we are too slow to transition in midfield / be able to win the ball back when we lose possession.

The PL did not scrap STCC, they modified it (loosening the wage cap) and effectively waived it for a year due to Covid by letting two years be combined & Covid related losses excluded covering 2019-21 seasons.

It is not currently clear what if any adjustments PL will allow for 2021/22 but STCC still exists as a set of rules (minus strict wage cap) with the 3 year cumulative loss cap of £105m the HUGE problem for EFC.
I hope this doesn't block us going into the Champions League next year :( :( :( :(

The PL did not scrap STCC, they modified it (loosening the wage cap) and effectively waived it for a year due to Covid by letting two years be combined & Covid related losses excluded covering 2019-21 seasons.

It is not currently clear what if any adjustments PL will allow for 2021/22 but STCC still exists as a set of rules (minus strict wage cap) with the 3 year cumulative loss cap of £105m the HUGE problem for EFC.
STCC doesnt exist anymore mate, at all.

Ultimately I think if Everton are to progress then one of James or Allan has to come out the starting 11 with a pacey player brought in.

Look at Leicester - Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans - very good blend of pace, creativity, solid and agility - we are miles off that.

You could argue Allan would be the one to come out but he's likely the one who'll be here longer term and probably be bouncing around throwing challenges in when the Goodison crowd is up for it - he's more of a Benitez player.

James for me is the ideal player at the wrong time/club. If we persist with the two together we'll continue being over run in midfield and too pedestrian.

No good bringing pace in the wide areas if we are too slow to transition in midfield / be able to win the ball back when we lose possession.
There is a place for both at the club. Some games require real quality to break down a team and others require a dog in the middle who breaks play.

Probably both shouldn’t start tovether unless you’re playing a team who reall do sit deep.

E05F307F-8CC0-4F2A-8729-B75D148F69BE.jpeg

We’re not incredibly well run are we….

There is a place for both at the club. Some games require real quality to break down a team and others require a dog in the middle who breaks play.

Probably both shouldn’t start tovether unless you’re playing a team who reall do sit deep.

The problem is though if ones on the bench who replaces them? We haven't got £30 million by the looks of it to sign a good defensive midfielder with pace or a younger James.

Unless Kean is sold for a tidy sum I don't see how we address the midfield area this summer.

We shouldn't have a starting XI.

Leicester don't, in the example you use, have a 'best XI'.

We need to get away from that idea.

James is a player who has quality that none of the teams around us have. We need to add in ball carriers and pace (done to an extent) to complement that and that's where we'll see James be the difference imo.

We shouldn't have a starting XI.

Leicester don't, in the example you use, have a 'best XI'.

We need to get away from that idea.

James is a player who has quality that none of the teams around us have. We need to add in ball carriers and pace (done to an extent) to complement that and that's where we'll see James be the difference imo.

Good luck keeping James Rodriguez happy sat on Evertons bench when he wasn't happy on Real Madrids.

Add in where is the pot of money to bring in the players to bench Allan/James mate?

Don't think so, it's current wages versus revenue as La Liga does
Ah i see. That makes more sense! Ha ha. Makes the shedding of the dross more vital then!

Funny how they are tightening up on it all more now clubs like us have found richer owners.

Also, at least it means we'll swerve Phil Jones as can't afford his wages! ???

Status
Not open for further replies.