Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This preseason has the same feel to it as the year Rooney left..... Galvanised the squad and we finished 4th,. Obviously not saying that will happen, but seems as if the spirit is good amongst the squad.

Its why getting players like Townsend in as squad options makes sense - lad seems to have the right mentality and is a hard worker.

Moyes got WHU 6th bringing in quality but also hard work and a sense of fight/unity.

Its why Im not bothered if James goes providing we bring in a quality replacement with pace/creativity and the right mentality - I feel he'll start moping when Benitez doesn't indulge him like Ancelotti did.

Who's going to pay more? We'll end up keeping him because the only takers want to pay less than we can accept or want to take him on loan again.

We paid, what, £25m?

We'll get £25m, I'm confident of that, if we sell him.

He's easily worth it. I'm not talking about 45 mins of a pre-season friendly here. He's scored 18 goals in a team which got to the CL semi-finals - he was their second-leading scorer last season.

PSG have got to clear players out like most clubs have. it'll be a deal that,if it happens, probably happens late. But it just means we can't have our entire window depend on it.

Its why getting players like Townsend in as squad options makes sense - lad seems to have the right mentality and is a hard worker.

Moyes got WHU 6th bringing in quality but also hard work and a sense of fight/unity.

Its why Im not bothered if James goes providing we bring in a quality replacement with pace/creativity and the right mentality - I feel he'll start moping when Benitez doesn't indulge him like Ancelotti did.

You want Periera don't you mate?

Thing is, he's currently been bombed out at West Brom cause the new boss wasn't happy with him in training.

There's no sign so far that James is unhappy with not being 'indulged'. I wouldn't count playing to his strengths over Andros Townsend's as indulging, it's just common sense because one is far better than the other.

Hopefully he stays and there's a balance because there's a difference-maker for us there.

….aside from his outstanding ability, surely this trip demonstrates what Rodriguez does for the clubs profile. I was a bit ambivalent about whether he stays, but he’s such a superstar on the American continent I’m more persuaded of the need to exploit his popularity.

Amount of Money Spent by Clubs so far (roughly inc loan deals): -

Man Utd - 85 mil (Sancho, Heaton)
Leicester City - 50 mil (Soumare, Daka, Bertrand)
Liverpool - 41.5 mil (Fatwu, Konate)
Norwich - 40 mil (Lees-Melou, Gilmour, Gunn, Rashica, Gibson, Giannoulis)
Aston Villa - 38 mil (Buendia, Young)
Palace - 32 million (Guehi, Olise)
Leeds - 28 mil (Firpo, Harrison)
Spurs - 25 mil (Gil, Gollini)
Brentford - 25 mil (Ajer, Onyeka)
Arsenal - 25 mil (Lokonga, Tavares)
Wolves - 25 mil (Sa, Nouri, Bolla, Trincao, Mosquera)
Brighton - 24 mil (Mwepu, Scherpen)
Burnley - 14 mil (Collins, Hennessey)
Watford - 14 mil (Dennis, Louza)
Southampton - 13 mil (Perraud)
West Ham - 2.3 mil (Dawson)
Everton - 2 mil (Gray, Begovic, Townsend)
Chelsea - 0 mil
Man City - 0 mil
Newcastle - 0 mil

interesting to see "Liverpool We Dont Spend Any Money FC" are 3rd biggest spenders so far

City will probably make a big bid for Harry Kane

Chelsea always spend big every summer

guess it will be us, West Ham and Newcastle fighting it out for least amount of money spent this season then

If money is the issue then it's up to Brands to bring in some transfer fees. If he had found some buyers over the last few years rather than loaning players out till the end of their contracts, we'd be in a better place.

We need to improve the squad so they need to find ways to do it. There are zero excuses for anyone involved in our recruitment. The problems we have currently are all down to poor recruitment, it's our own fault. If we start the season with this squad then we are in enormous trouble.

Totally agree with you. We are signing good PL players who know how to work hard.

I love this strategy compared to previous years.

You want Periera don't you mate?

Thing is, he's currently been bombed out at West Brom cause the new boss wasn't happy with him in training.

There's no sign so far that James is unhappy with not being 'indulged'. I wouldn't count playing to his strengths over Andros Townsend's as indulging, it's just common sense because one is far better than the other.

Hopefully he stays and there's a balance because there's a difference-maker for us there.

I'll be happy with Pereira he's the right age, got pace, would see the club as a step up and wouldn't cost a fortune but I dont think it will happen I think realistically it would be more a Coutinho type on loan if James went.

The problem for us with the likes of James is its a long season - if he picks up a knock Ancelotti would give him the month off - Benitez wont do that. I'll be shocked if he's not caused any rifts from now until the seasons end if he stays same as Kean.

They aint players you would want in the trenches with you and we have to start going back to being a club greater than the sum of its parts with everyone pulling their weight.

We need an exodus of the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Holgate etc who dont have the right mentality its why no matter who the manager is we keep going around in circles.

Benitez will manage them better but there is only so much he can do with those types of characters.

If money is the issue then it's up to Brands to bring in some transfer fees. If he had found some buyers over the last few years rather than loaning players out till the end of their contracts, we'd be in a better place.

We need to improve the squad so they need to find ways to do it. There are zero excuses for anyone involved in our recruitment. The problems we have currently are all down to poor recruitment, it's our own fault. If we start the season with this squad then we are in enormous trouble.

…in a way you answer your own point, Tim. The reason we sell so few players is because of poor recruitment (and paying salary above a players worth), not Brands inability to find buyers.

If Brands recruited those players, it’s a poor reflection on him.

How? The players we need to shift are on high wages, noone will pay what we would need to sell them because of that. I dont understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp. I want rid of the deadwood too, but we, sadly, cannot force other teams to buy them. Loaning them out isnt ideal, but its a lot better than them just draining wages and doing nothing, which seems to be the only alternative, unless we sell super cheap like we did Bernard. This is a problem mainly created by the Koeman era, they were the ones handing out long contracts with hella payouts. Its very frustrating, but we cant expect Brands to do magic.

He needs to get his finger out with a RB tho, there is no excuse there at all. Everyone and their grandmothers know we've needed one since Kenny came back from Germany and failed to sement himself as a real challenger for the first team spot. Im honestly flabbergasted we didnt have someone signed before the window opened, ready to be unvailed and help the squad. Its a failure on multiple levels imh. Benitez should also be aware of this if he's watch as much Everton as he claims he has, and should be banging on Brands door every day until one is signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.