Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? The players we need to shift are on high wages, noone will pay what we would need to sell them because of that. I dont understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp. I want rid of the deadwood too, but we, sadly, cannot force other teams to buy them. Loaning them out isnt ideal, but its a lot better than them just draining wages and doing nothing, which seems to be the only alternative, unless we sell super cheap like we did Bernard. This is a problem mainly created by the Koeman era, they were the ones handing out long contracts with hella payouts. Its very frustrating, but we cant expect Brands to do magic.

He needs to get his finger out with a RB tho, there is no excuse there at all. Everyone and their grandmothers know we've needed one since Kenny came back from Germany and failed to sement himself as a real challenger for the first team spot. Im honestly flabbergasted we didnt have someone signed before the window opened, ready to be unvailed and help the squad. Its a failure on multiple levels imh. Benitez should also be aware of this if he's watch as much Everton as he claims he has, and should be banging on Brands door every day until one is signed.

The club brought in the rubbish players so it's the clubs responsibility to move them on. It's pretty simple in my eyes - if you make a mistake you need to find solutions to correct it.

The club brought in the rubbish players so it's the clubs responsibility to move them on. It's pretty simple in my eyes - if you make a mistake you need to find solutions to correct it.
Fair enough, mate. Its still a very difficult task, and a task we have failed for a couple of years now. Im assuming the rest of our highly paid deadwood will stay until their contracts run out. Its a sad state of affairs, but who would pay what we need to shift Iwobi for example? Noone with eyes would ever give us 20+ millions for him, plus giving him a contract big enough for him to want to move. According to google, he's on ~80k a week, not a single club will offer him anything close to that on top of a fee. I think Iwobi is the one really terrible signing Brands has made and need to be accountable for, as it should never have been sanctioned.

Fair enough, mate. Its still a very difficult task, and a task we have failed for a couple of years now. Im assuming the rest of our highly paid deadwood will stay until their contracts run out. Its a sad state of affairs, but who would pay what we need to shift Iwobi for example? Noone with eyes would ever give us 20+ millions for him, plus giving him a contract big enough for him to want to move. According to google, he's on ~80k a week, not a single club will offer him anything close to that on top of a fee. I think Iwobi is the one really terrible signing Brands has made and need to be accountable for, as it should never have been sanctioned.
I agree about Iwobi, how could anybody with eyes think he would be a good signing, for 30m+, its amazing.

Now I understand he was signed win the hope that in a different team he could turn those stats into something worthwhile, but to then spend huge money on a complete gamble is just amazing. Personally I think we thought the 55m we offered for Zaha would see Palace see sense, so when they didnt come back, well, the rest is history.

Now this I agree on.

But until somebody wants to buy 1 of our players, they remain our players.

People spent the last few years crying about how rubbish the players are and then also crying that we cant sell them.
A good amount of clubs move on rubbish players. Even for cut prices. Hopefully it will be better than <1m for Bernard tho :(

Come on goat. I'm lazy and there are whole lists of transfers that happen every window.
I just think people think clubs sell rubbish players all the time, I see a lot of clubs loaning out rubbish players, I see a lot of clubs releasing rubbish players, but not many rubbish players are sold for decent money.

Torres to Chelsea stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.