Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited technically is not what I’ve just watched in his compilation
Some very good examples of a sweet first touch and a great pass and go merchant with a decent weight of pass
I’m going to hold off on judgement until I see him in blue nutmeg VVD and slap DCL on goal
I don't profess to be a Demarai expert but I've seen him play a few games for LCFC on TV which I suspect is more representative than a youtube highlights reel.

Regardless I desperately hope that you are right and that I am wrong about the lad.

Just watched his WorldOfFootball 8min clip on YouTube. Still waiting for any end product !
Cus I'm a glass half full kinda person I'll say some good coaching might help.
What you can't coach is what this lad obviously has......a turn of pace and instinctive close control. He will definitely turn a defence around.

To me, a 3 year deal seems sensible. If he does really well it means we have leverage to see for a decent fee. If he bombs, we can sell for nothing as purchase price was so low.
Yes we tried that with the likes of Bernard and Delph.

Players on salaries that their talent cannot justify are hard to shift and in Brands case , impossible.

…I might be wrong but I have a vague recollection Gray hit the shot that Jonjoe Kenny sliced into his own net in that miserable defeat against Leicester a few seasons back.

Gray was highly regarded at one stage.

…I might be wrong but I have a vague recollection Gray hit the shot that Jonjoe Kenny sliced into his own net in that miserable defeat against Leicester a few seasons back.

Gray was highly regarded at one stage.
Also scored a great goal against United if I remember correctly. For 1.5m I’m not complaining, considering he’ll at minimum be one of our quickest players (albeit, that is not hard)

I have no idea but the poster to whom I was responding seemed to think it would be easy to move him on if he bombs.

I was pointing out that that may not necessarily be the case.
Right. But it may. Because we don't know.

He doesn't seem like the kind of player who had options, so I doubt he had much leverage in terms of netting himself a fat wage. He's 25 and costing us <£2m in transfer fees. I know we're Everton and constantly finding new and incredible ways to disappoint our fanbase, but I'd be very surprised if we couldn't shift him on for a profit if he doesn't do well. And if he does do well he'll bin us off for the first interested club, so that'll be sound.

Really, really don't get this line of thinking..

£1.5m and sub-£50k a week wages for a talented (albeit inconsistent) 25 year old wide player with Prem experience is absolute buttons.
It's the cloest we've got to a Pienaar/Arteta transfer for a while. A player who is still young that didn't quite make it when they took the step up with a point to prove were amongst my favourite types of signings.

Low risk/high potential reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.