Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townsend is probably the lower risk signing even if we disregard wages.

He has been a Premiership regular for a number of years and I think was involved in around 33 games for Palace last season alone.
We know more or less what he can do and I think will prove to be a better player than the doom merchants on here predict.... but he, by his own admission is coming as a squad player and not a regular starter but having an experienced Premiership player ready to come on the field late in a game is a useful addition and gives us an option we didn't have last season
Yep, for about 30k per week too.

Needs some power in his shots and better weight on his passes but looks quick and direct. People were crying out for us to go back after Deulofeu for years; I think this boy is a reasonable facsimile. He'll get some stick from the da's but he'll also terrorise some defences, especially coming on against tired legs.
He's actually the exact opposite.
Gérard was brilliant technically but had no fitness and was blowing for tugs after 15 minutes.
Gray is super fast but has no end product and very limited technically but OK that's football as Ronnie would say.

He's actually the exact opposite.
Gérard was brilliant technically but had no fitness and was blowing for tugs after 15 minutes.
Gray is super fast but has no end product and very limited technically but OK that's football as Ronnie would say.
Limited technically is not what I’ve just watched in his compilation
Some very good examples of a sweet first touch and a great pass and go merchant with a decent weight of pass
I’m going to hold off on judgement until I see him in blue nutmeg VVD and slap DCL on goal

He'll never be a regular starter and his pace will be useful off the bench to get us up the field on the counter attack.

Even if he never develops an end product for £1.5 million its good business for Adama Traore lite.
Exactly, at times last year we could barely get out of our own half. If he gets the ball upfield it will be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.