Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if id say that on Dowell, he has a very productive loan at Forest. He was also very productive when he came back from injury at the top end of the Championship last year. He had a decent pedigree comparatively with his international honors. At what point to you take a chance, elsewise what the point of recuriting and developing youth.

Both Dowell and Andros Townsend will be PL players next season its going to be interesting to see which is more productive. My general point is we are risk adverse in terms of bringing players through and end up plumping for the Andros Townsend of the world. What are we Building? I think we have managed the squad woefully. When you let loose players like Dowel and Lookman, you have to do it on the basis that you are improving your squad profile and quality. Did we do that by replacing them with Iwobi and Townsend. I dont think we did. Did we improve by getting rid of Kean for Josh King as another example. Something is wrong somewhere mate.
There has to be a balance between experience and youth. We have signed a few young players that may or may not develop into decent players- Nkounkou, Simms, Gibson, Branthwaite etc and who knows they may all come good together but until that time you need players that can come in that have experience in my mind.

If Townsend and Gray are hungry and up for it they could be inspired signings for peanuts and hopefully allow youth players to develop when ready at the same time.

I disagree about Dowell by the way, he started off well at most of the loans he had but always faded away it seemed.

Looks like he has raw skillsets, pace and the ability to make up yards.

Most Leicester fans are critical of how he harnesses those strengths and his decision making, execution and essentially end product.

End product isnt the best from what I've seen but thats one part of a game that can be improved. Pace and raw skill isnt necessarily something you can develop.

There has to be a balance between experience and youth. We have signed a few young players that may or may not develop into decent players- Nkounkou, Simms, Gibson, Branthwaite etc and who knows they may all come good together but until that time you need players that can come in that have experience in my mind.

If Townsend and Gray are hungry and up for it they could be inspired signings for peanuts and hopefully allow youth players to develop when ready at the same time.

I disagree about Dowell by the way, he started off well at most of the loans he had but always faded away it seemed.

Likely mate, but we have alot of expierence in the team. Allan, The Duke, Pickford, Keane, DCL at this stage. We seem really risk adverse comparatively to giving lads a run. Inevitbaly they look to move on somewhere they get a chance. My other point is that we turn over players and replace them with ones who arent any better and wont improve us. Its cycle as far as i can see at a huge drain in resources. We are doing it badly.

You could be right on Dowell, next season is going to be interesting in the PL, a player i always thought played on the front foot and felt he had something to offer, Broadhead to. Similarly i rate Gordon. We need to look at these lads and help develop in the first team, id prefer to that rather then have Townsend. Im not sure every single player "isnt good enough" - our short life cycle of managers doesnt help as they all think short term undermining the developing of younger players, there is a trend there mate.

Gray was top talent, dont know his form right now. But he has the speed. Rodgers didn't consider him a regular starter so he eventually made a move for Leverkusen. Hope he does well and gets his chances. I still remember his run that build up their first goal against us in 2017, if he can still have those runs and produce then it's a "yes" from me.

Dont know if id say that on Dowell, he has a very productive loan at Forest. He was also very productive when he came back from injury at the top end of the Championship last year. He had a decent pedigree comparatively with his international honors. At what point to you take a chance, elsewise what the point of recuriting and developing youth.

Both Dowell and Andros Townsend will be PL players next season its going to be interesting to see which is more productive. My general point is we are risk adverse in terms of bringing players through and end up plumping for the Andros Townsend of the world. What are we Building? I think we have managed the squad woefully. When you let loose players like Dowel and Lookman, you have to do it on the basis that you are improving your squad profile and quality. Did we do that by replacing them with Iwobi and Townsend. I dont think we did. Did we improve by getting rid of Kean for Josh King as another example. Something is wrong somewhere mate.
The game just isn't set up for top-tier teams to 'take risks' on their academy prospects unless they are truly exceptional. Such is the level of immediacy in fans/directors' expectations and the prospect of failure is so financially catastrophic that teams shy away from it. I think that's why you see a lot of young players leaving big teams with buyback clauses; let someone else take the risk and then essentially reap the rewards with the payment of what is basically a development fee down the line.

Likely mate, but we have alot of expierence in the team. Allan, The Duke, Pickford, Keane, DCL at this stage. We seem really risk adverse comparatively to giving lads a run. Inevitbaly they look to move on somewhere they get a chance. My other point is that we turn over players and replace them with ones who arent any better and wont improve us. Its cycle as far as i can see at a huge drain in resources. We are doing it badly.

You could be right on Dowell, next season is going to be interesting in the PL, a player i always thought played on the front foot and felt he had something to offer, Broadhead to. Similarly i rate Gordon. We need to look at these lads and help develop in the first team, id prefer to that rather then have Townsend. Im not sure every single player "isnt good enough" - our short life cycle of managers doesnt help as they all think short term undermining the developing of younger players, there is a trend there mate.
I 100% agree on developing our youth players into first teamers, it happens too little but you have to ask as our turn over of managers have been pretty frequent too and each one hasnt really given any of the lads much game time, is that because they want results here and now and want to take minimal risks or are they not good enough. Tough question that I dont know the answer to.

Needs some power in his shots and better weight on his passes but looks quick and direct. People were crying out for us to go back after Deulofeu for years; I think this boy is a reasonable facsimile. He'll get some stick from the da's but he'll also terrorise some defences, especially coming on against tired legs.
many players have such awesome youtube reels, but seldom deliver in reality on a consistent basis. Gray on the other hand has such a terrible highlights reel, which strangely means we could get a nice surprise if he does deliver..... he is already 25 wow, lets hope he is a late bloomer. the price is right though.

Needs some power in his shots and better weight on his passes but looks quick and direct. People were crying out for us to go back after Deulofeu for years; I think this boy is a reasonable facsimile. He'll get some stick from the da's but he'll also terrorise some defences, especially coming on against tired legs.

Old paper lungs... I miss Deulofeu sometimes. Then I remember he was out of puff after 5 mins.

I think this one may just have bargain written all over it... He's got, potentially, so much we're missing in our team.

Pacey
Direct
Comfortable on both feet and on both sides of the pitch
Comfortable on the ball when surrounded by pressing players
Good age and fantastic fee to boot

Looking forward to seeing how he does

Status
Not open for further replies.