2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rafael doesn't rate James/he gets shipped, does he get a chance in the AM role in a 4-2-3-1?

I feel like that is the only spot that he could be effective, he can dribble ok, and pass in tight pockets ok, but doesn't have enough pace or a cross on him to play out wide.

I think he is no good, and needs to be moved on, but that might be his only way of being useful if he stays.

Brands has to sell this player he wasted so much money on...£28mil for nothingness.

In any other job, you throw £28mil down the toilet and you dont get a new 3 year deal.
My guess is when he bought him he thought that whichever manager we happened to have wouldn't play him on the right to accommodate Sigurdsson on the left. I'm not saying Iwobi has been anywhere near good enough but the management has been frankly shambolic and it isn't helping him more than most.

That said El Rey Rafael won't be the guy to change that last little bit so what does it matter

If Rafael doesn't rate James/he gets shipped, does he get a chance in the AM role in a 4-2-3-1?

I feel like that is the only spot that he could be effective, he can dribble ok, and pass in tight pockets ok, but doesn't have enough pace or a cross on him to play out wide.

I think he is no good, and needs to be moved on, but that might be his only way of being useful if he stays.
We'll get more Sigurdsson as a "number ten" and we'll like it

Iwobi is hopeless on the right...on the left he comes inside with no pace and limited end product.

Centrally he did have a cameo around when we first signed him...where he looked decent -- then we saw he had no footballing intelligence.

No clue why Brands signed him or why he spent so much money on him.

£28mil is a huge amount for Iwobi.

My guess is when he bought him he thought that whichever manager we happened to have wouldn't play him on the right to accommodate Sigurdsson on the left. I'm not saying Iwobi has been anywhere near good enough but the management has been frankly shambolic and it isn't helping him more than most.

That said El Rey Rafael won't be the guy to change that last little bit so what does it matter

Well, he cant play on the right.

He certainly cant play left or central either.

Where does he play...

Iwobi is hopeless on the right...on the left he comes inside with no pace and limited end product.

Centrally he did have a cameo around when we first signed him...where he looked decent -- then we saw he had no footballing intelligence.

No clue why Brands signed him or why he spent so much money on him.

£28mil is a huge amount for Iwobi.

Well, he cant play on the right.

He certainly cant play left or central either.

Where does he play...
He certainly can do better centrally or on the left. I'm not suggesting he's going to turn into Kaka in 2007, but the guy dribbles the ball forward and passes it forward at a high enough level that he'd be useful for us since we have literally one other player who possesses something even resembling those skills.

And yeah he's bad in the final third so that's going to be an issue. But we also have DCL and Richarlison who basically only have an impact in that third so maybe it'll balance some. It's the best I can hope for at the moment.

He certainly can do better centrally or on the left. I'm not suggesting he's going to turn into Kaka in 2007, but the guy dribbles the ball forward and passes it forward at a high enough level that he'd be useful for us since we have literally one other player who possesses something even resembling those skills.

And yeah he's bad in the final third so that's going to be an issue. But we also have DCL and Richarlison who basically only have an impact in that third so maybe it'll balance some. It's the best I can hope for at the moment.

Youve lost me here...

If he plays centrally or on the left then as he (quite literally) cant defend then he has to make an impact in the final third.

If he is indeed able to dribble/pass as you say "at a high enough level" then its incredible how poor his end product is.

Im not sure how he was deemed worth of a £28mil fee. A huge sum.

Youve lost me here...

If he plays centrally or on the left then as he (quite literally) cant defend then he has to make an impact in the final third.

If he is indeed able to dribble/pass as you say "at a high enough level" then its incredible how poor his end product is.

Im not sure how he was deemed worth of a £28mil fee. A huge sum.
He's a pretty decent defensive player for a #10 or winger. The stuff about him not defending or not caring is all made up by people who didn't like him from day one. It is not and has not ever been true.

He gets the ball forward some. Other players in the Everton squad with this skill: James, Digne. So we need to try and find a way to use him some. Or buy someone else who gets the ball forward while also being good in the final third.

He's a pretty decent defensive player for a #10 or winger. The stuff about him not defending or not caring is all made up by people who didn't like him from day one. It is not and has not ever been true.

He gets the ball forward some. Other players in the Everton squad with this skill: James, Digne. So we need to try and find a way to use him some. Or buy someone else who gets the ball forward while also being good in the final third.

So, to be clear you believe that Iwobi is able to defend?

If we sold Iwobi tomorrow it wouldnt affect the squad whatsoever.

Just read that first line, ditch James and replace him with Iwobi. Jesus.

Brands didn't buy him, it was Moshri and that judas Silva that's obvious - kneejerk reaction to losing out on Zaha

Thats all you needed to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.