2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi is hopeless on the right...on the left he comes inside with no pace and limited end product.

Centrally he did have a cameo around when we first signed him...where he looked decent -- then we saw he had no footballing intelligence.

No clue why Brands signed him or why he spent so much money on him.

£28mil is a huge amount for Iwobi.

Well, he cant play on the right.

He certainly cant play left or central either.

Where does he play...
Chicago Fire

I think we will be hoping some desperate club comes in and takes him away on loan, where he could hopefully prove that he is lower level Premier League standard. Nobody will want to buy him.

Brands didn't buy him, it was Moshri and that judas Silva that's obvious - kneejerk reaction to losing out on Zaha
Mate, either Brands signed him and is useless, or Moshiri and Silva signed him over his head, in which case, he's useless. The DoF is either responsible for all of the incoming signings during his tenure or he's responsible for none of them, I'm not having this pick n mix theory that loads of people seem to run when it comes to transfer responsibility. As long as his title remains director of football then he is responsible for every player who turns up at Finch Farm.

Mate, either Brands signed him and is useless, or Moshiri and Silva signed him over his head, in which case, he's useless. The DoF is either responsible for all of the incoming signings during his tenure or he's responsible for none of them, I'm not having this pick n mix theory that loads of people seem to run when it comes to transfer responsibility. As long as his title remains director of football then he is responsible for every player who turns up at Finch Farm.

….yep, I’m of a view that the DoF is accountable for all signings during his tenure (good and bad).

True this.

However, not every frog you kiss turns into a prince, some are just handsome frogs. But you gotta kiss a few to find the prince.
That would be fair enough if he was doing the kissing but Dacoure was wanted by Silva,James and Allan by Ancelotti. So what does our DoF do if the managers just pick from team's they managed before us?

That would be fair enough if he was doing the kissing but Dacoure was wanted by Silva,James and Allan by Ancelotti. So what does our DoF do if the managers just pick from team's they managed before us?

…you assume those signings were instigated by others but even so the DoF has the power of veto & can/should refuse if he feels they are not what is needed.

I’d like to see him given a few games in the middle. His seems capable of short bursts and short passes. As as a winger he is useless imo, his crossing is woeful. When he asked to play in the centre, I actually thought he looked a bit more effective, but Carlo didn’t leave him there long. I’d either give him a run in the centre, or sell him! Can’t be much worse than Gomes imo. And if he is, sell him!

…you assume those signings were instigated by others but even so the DoF has the power of veto & can/should refuse if he feels they are not what is needed.
I admit to being impressed by his reputation in the Netherlands and looked forward to the list of young talent that he would uncover. A bit like all these young players that have been touted as the next big thing while turning out for Lille, Sampdoria, Villarreal etc. And he provides Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.