Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is depending on Brands' judgement to help bridge that gap, then he is in trouble, and so are we.
He normally has a guarantee that he will have a say in the signings, that is one of the things that he is very particular about.

If we finish 9th or 10th he can be booted. But bare minimum is 8th spot considering, ManU, ManC, Lpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Leicester are above us in terms of stability.

If he gets what he wants, top 6 wouldn't surprise me, (as does a top4 or even the title - Could be exaggerating but considering no Europe & enough squad depth could be possible. Moreover being #2 before last Christmas & only being 10 points aways from 3rd place finish). From some of the highlights of last season from what I saw, top 6 is very much possible as defensively there is no one better than Rafael.

Bit surprising that have beaten the teams that were above us & did poorly against against the teams below us.

He has won trophies in his first season apart from Real Madrid & China. So CUP could be possible.

So, Mr Benitez, how are you finding managing a teeny tiny club?

Can't remember the guys name, chap from the BBC who was pressing Ancelotti as to why he'd bother joining Everton, kept at it.

McGowan his name maybe?

He'll be chomping at the bit for this. Would actually prefer if Benitez just said "Because I don't have to move house" if asked.

he didn't exactly set the sky alight at Blackburn did he. Jury is out, can't say either way at this point.
OK, so we are saying he is crap because he hasn't made any good young signings that we can train up. But we can't mention the young signings he has made because while we want young players to be brought in for the future, they aren't having an immediate impact. (Branthwaite and nkounkou)

Right, got you.

Am I seeing this? Folk setting the bar low because the squad is crap. The same squad the same people were screeching about Ancelotti over for not playing total football and finishing 3rd?

Super stuff.
by the end of the season we were getting thumped by everyone,, champions and relegation fodder alike. I mean, the squad aint great is it.

OK, so we are saying he is crap because he hasn't made any good young signings that we can train up. But we can't mention the young signings he has made because while we want young players to be brought in for the future, they aren't having an immediate impact. (Branthwaite and nkounkou)

Right, got you.
as I say, he's been here 3 years. And so far, the number of talents we've recruited from youth is zero. You may be right that Branthwaite will come good, but no way of knowing that at the moment.

Nope. But my point is certain folk were laying the blame at Ancelotti. Now it's a crap squad and poor old Rafael has a job on his hands.
yes, I see your point. One of my many complaints about Carlo was his buys last summer were for right now, with no real thought for the medium term. I have no expectation we will get decent seasons out of James or Allan, both the wrong side of 30. And he seems to have left a fractured squad, split between the English and the Latins. I'd like to blame him and the players if that's possible. That's why I won't be sorry to see a massive clear out this summer, leading to DCL and Richi going, if that's what it takes to bring in a new pool of players.

Am I seeing this? Folk setting the bar low because the squad is crap. The same squad the same people were screeching about Ancelotti over for not playing total football and finishing 3rd?

Super stuff.
There's a certain logic about that. People expected the top manager to overachieve. No one in his right mind (except Benitez personal fan from India who has joined recently) think FSW is a top manager, so expectations are low.

Status
Not open for further replies.