Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will obviously want signings. IIRC, he was always quite vocal at any of his clubs in that respect.

If he has man for man the same squad as Ancelotti, give or take, we can only hold him to the same standard.

It's only when signings are added and there are possible departures can we come to a reasonable expectation of what he might deliver, under what are very difficult circumstances regardless.

We are a mid-table club with a mid-table squad, and the signings have to be pretty decent from now on, to have any hope of making the jump upwards.

If he is depending on Brands' judgement to help bridge that gap, then he is in trouble, and so are we.

He will obviously want signings. IIRC, he was always quite vocal at any of his clubs in that respect.

If he has man for man the same squad as Ancelotti, give or take, we can only hold him to the same standard.

It's only when signings are added and there are possible departures can we come to a reasonable expectation of what he might deliver, under what are very difficult circumstances regardless.

We are a mid-table club with a mid-table squad, and the signings have to be pretty decent from now on, to have any hope of making the jump upwards.

If he is depending on Brands' judgement to help bridge that gap, then he is in trouble, and so are we.
been here 3 years, and the number of clever young buys to foster an Ajax style academy? 0.0.
Number of dreadful dreadful signings? Delph Iwobi Gbamin Gomes
Players we'd take a hit on Kean Mina Doucoure Bernard
Players we'd make a return on. Digne Godfrey.

Given that all he does is spot these chaps, it's pretty effing dreadful. But lets give him a new contract anyway.

Just because Benitez is the best manager we could get means nothing - Neil Lennon is the best manager Hibernian could get doesnt mean he's world class.

Benitez will want signings he's demanded money to spend in every job he's had and here wont be any different.

But keep defending the DOF who left Silva with no real replacements for Gueye/Zouma and two inexperienced strikers, left Ancelotti with no right hand side or back up for DCL until January just so you can carry on with your anti Benitez agenda lol
Just because I'm anti-Benitez doesn't mean I'm not anti-Brands! They're both absolute shockers, in my opinion, and so is the bloke who appointed them.

Newcastle's team was weaker coming 10th with zero investment, infact after Almiron signing NU form was 7th during the 2nd half of PL table. He was defensive against quality oppositions, but he always got results against the teams around them.
He was defensive against everybody, not just against quality opposition. He's a defensive coach, at least latterly, some people are OK with that, not for me thanks.

been here 3 years, and the number of clever young buys to foster an Ajax style academy? 0.0.

Given that all he does is spot these chaps, it's pretty effing dreadful. But lets give him a new contract anyway.
I mean I agree with delph and iwobi. But gbamin has been incredibly unlucky and noone could have forseen. And gomes was decent before the leg break.
Kean has got the numbers behind him at psg so doubt his valuation has actually dropped that much. Bernard was a free. Mina and doucore, would probably get back close to what we paid.

I mean I agree with delph and iwobi. But gbamin has been incredibly unlucky and noone could have forseen. And gomes was decent before the leg break.
Kean has got the numbers behind him at psg so doubt his valuation has actually dropped that much. Bernard was a free. Mina and doucore, would probably get back close to what we paid.
We'll make money on Kean but his record isn't great, is it? Particularly with younger players.

Branthwaite was a Brands signing wasn't he? And the general consensus is that he is really promising isn't it?

Gbamin had a previous injury record, fairly unusual for a young player. Gomes wasn't decent before the injury, he was already bad. If we can't get any takers for Kean after last season, I don't think we ever will. We will lose money on this one. Bernard and MIna are on astonishing wages, for the output we've had from them they've cost us tens of millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back