Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your boy Benni doesn't want any new players? He's looked at the squad and thought to himself "a man of my exquisite skills can turn this ragtag gang of outsiders into champions", like in the Mighty Ducks? Have you thought about that? He is after all, in your words, the best manager we could get. So far, he has the exact same squad (unless you think Besic and Bolasie are game changers) as Ancelotti who got tenth place. Why shouldn't we expect at least as good a return from the "best" manager?

Just because Benitez is the best manager we could get means nothing - Neil Lennon is the best manager Hibernian could get doesnt mean he's world class.

Benitez will want signings he's demanded money to spend in every job he's had and here wont be any different.

But keep defending the DOF who left Silva with no real replacements for Gueye/Zouma and two inexperienced strikers, left Ancelotti with no right hand side or back up for DCL until January just so you can carry on with your anti Benitez agenda lol

Regardless ...... The point is sentiment counts for nothing, nothing at all and nor should it.

What is it with this supporting a manager? Like Rafael is forever an employee of Liverpool?

I loved Peter Reid - does that mean I wanted man city to do well? No.

If we were offered Suarez a season or 2 ago I'd have driven to Barca to drive him to goodison ...... Why? Cos he is a brilliant footballer who would make us win games.

This is my point in all this

Yes I agree with most of that. But Benitez also isn't owed support is he? He needs to earn the support and trust of the supporters.

He's not owed support but he is not owed ridicule either..... By the same rationale.

He deserves the same treatment any new manager would get.

Yes he is. And I think that's what people will give him. I think after Carlo people were always going to be a bit more cautious. We've had a lot of false dawns, and I'm just going to observe what he does.

We got 59 points last season, an improvement of 10 on the season before. I am looking for any manager to continue that trend. Having a simple, measurable and attainable objective like that allows you to cut out the noise and just focus on the fundamentals.

Just because Benitez is the best manager we could get means nothing - Neil Lennon is the best manager Hibernian could get doesnt mean he's world class.

Benitez will want signings he's demanded money to spend in every job he's had and here wont be any different.

But keep defending the DOF who left Silva with no real replacements for Gueye/Zouma and two inexperienced strikers, left Ancelotti with no right hand side or back up for DCL until January just so you can carry on with your anti Benitez agenda lol

Put him to sleep there mate, excellent rebuttal.

Yes he is. And I think that's what people will give him. I think after Carlo people were always going to be a bit more cautious. We've had a lot of false dawns, and I'm just going to observe what he does.

We got 59 points last season, an improvement of 10 on the season before. I am looking for any manager to continue that trend. Having a simple, measurable and attainable objective like that allows you to cut out the noise and just focus on the fundamentals.
Yes he is..... Owed ridicule?

Its a month before the season starts and we still have no right hand side, little pace in the midfield, no back up keeper, Toshun and a want away Kean as back up strikers and to top it off Richarlison will be missing the first few games of the season.

If Benitez does anything above 10th he deserves a contract extension.
Did we not have this discussion ? Didn’t you start with this 10th is overachieving and then backtrack significantly , I’m absolutely sure we did .

He was ultra-defensive at Newcastle, his most recent PL job, does that not count as evidence?
Newcastle's team was weaker coming 10th with zero investment, infact after Almiron signing NU form was 7th during the 2nd half of PL table. He was defensive against quality oppositions, but he always got results against the teams around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.