Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was defensive against everybody, not just against quality opposition. He's a defensive coach, at least latterly, some people are OK with that, not for me thanks.
Being a Championship side almost all teams were better than fairly equal to Newcastle. So..no other option. But he defeated ManU & ManC with that squad.

Ok. I'm still not getting it. Are you asking me if I think he's owed ridicule? As if so it was sort of covered in the response, wasn't it?
He's not owed support but he is not owed ridicule either..... By the same rationale.

He deserves the same treatment any new manager would get.

You replied:-
"Yes he is. And I think that's what people will give him."

If you were replying to "deserves the same treatment any new manager would get"..... The response would be "yes he does"

Which makes me think you were replying to the former statement

Can't remember the guys name, chap from the BBC who was pressing Ancelotti as to why he'd bother joining Everton, kept at it.

McGowan his name maybe?

He'll be chomping at the bit for this. Would actually prefer if Benitez just said "Because I don't have to move house" if asked.
Lol, at least that would be funny and confirm how much of a parody club we have become!

Pop me on ignore, big lad. It'll be better for all of us in the long run.

Here's an idea..... Pop the thread on ignore??? Maybe it will help you not to get so angry - or do you like talking about subjects you don't like? ...... There's a David Moyes thread knocking about where we can celebrate 10 years of nowt under a manager who got shed loads of leniency for wait for it ........"the people's club"

Proper hairs on the back of the neck stuff.

His 1st press conference is Wednesday at 1:30pm
Key things from his presser:
-James picked up a calf strain against Accrington, nothing serious
-Benitez is happy with the squad, everybody will get a chance to impress. We will add to the squad if things happen in the transfer market
-Expect Kean, Richarlison, DCL and James to stay
-New 3 year contract for Sigurdsson almost done

LOL

You replied:-
"Yes he is. And I think that's what people will give him."

If you were replying to "deserves the same treatment any new manager would get"..... The response would be "yes he does"

Which makes me think you were replying to the former statement

Ah ok mate, sorry that was unclear reading back. For clarity it was actually the 2nd part I was agreeing with, he deserves the same "crack of the whip" any other manager might reasonably expect. I think for the most part that's what he will be given, and is being given.

Status
Not open for further replies.