2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not criticising him but how do you praise someone who has faced almost as many shots on target in his last prem game than he has in the whole of the Euro's tournament so far.

The save against scotland is the only great save he has had to make imo

you could argue he put off muller in the germany game but at the same time you could say muller just bottled it.

i really hope he proves alot of people wrong in the final and gets the man of the match award by making multiple good saves

Classic example of not understanding what he was asked to do (and did very well).

Basically, every pundit and publication suggests you are wrong

Summed up beautifully by the Evening STandard:
Harry Kane: Intelligent with his hold-up play and won fouls in dangerous positions. Great passing to bring others into play despite limited service.
Like everybody else. Cold analysis leaves the room because we all have to jump for joy! He is a great player not playing anywhere near his best and as far as I can see, that is a fact. He will need to find it in the next game for sure. Denmark were on their ass after 45 mins and we laboured to victory.

im not criticising him but how do you praise someone who has faced almost as many shots on target in his last prem game than he has in the whole of the Euro's tournament so far.

you could argue he put off muller in the germany game but at the same time you could say muller just bottled it.

i really hope he proves alot of people wrong in the final and gets the man of the match award by making multiple good saves
I'd argue what he did against Muller is exactly how you aren't supposed to face a 1v1. He didn't get close enough to snuff it out and he also was too far out to have any chance at a reaction save. Muller just missed. He was in no man's land.

He's been fine in the tournament and at the same time he wouldn't make my all tournament team despite the clean sheets for exactly what you said at the top. He's not really had much to do.

The save from havertz was top class. He kept england in that game.

The save from havertz was top class. He kept england in that game.
the havertz save was straight at him, all he had to do was put his glove up above his head

yes the shot was hit hard and fast and he had to react quick but any professional goalkeeper would be expected to save that

if that went in you think he would have avoided criticism for it?

the havertz save was straight at him, all he had to do was put his glove up above his head

yes the shot was hit hard and fast and he had to react quick but any professional goalkeeper would be expected to save that

if that went in you think he would have avoided criticism for it?

Unreal.
One of the best saves i have seen is neville southalls away at spurs to mark falcos header.
But all these years i was wrong. It was straight at him so its now a bog standard save.

Status
Not open for further replies.