2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Pickford may have misplaced a few of his kicks, and at times appeared noticeable agitated with himself, but I didn't think he played that badly, he just didn't have as good a game as in the previous matches. Hopefully, his dodgy moments against Denmark were a one-off, and he will now continue to progress and develop. I want to see him on top of his game and full of confidence when he returns to Everton.

Well said, I think he was feeling the nerves and frightened to get things wrong. According to the rules their goal should have been disallowed. Their defensive wall of 3 players was too close to our wall should have been at least a metre away. Have to say though that ref should have given us a penalty when Kane was btought down and some other fouling by the Danish defenders which went unpunished.

This from a deluded Dutchman…

1CB873A3-5874-490D-9FBB-1010244ED1C8.jpeg

Who hates Pickford more, the Everton dars or England fans? Tough one.

….sorry, but what’s an ’Everton dar’?

Hate is a very strong word, I would hope whoever the ‘Everton dars’ are that none of them hate Pickford. Personally, I don’t mind the lad at all, i just think he’s an average goalkeeper.

Again:
He ate their defence last night, it was killing them, the perfect out ball. Hoof it to Kane, he runs the channel, gets fouled and the pressure is off. It was a master class in what he was asked to do. His game was not just about getting goals, mate.
thanks for the explanation of his job. He was excellent at getting fouls because he could not run past anyone. And for your information a foul allows the defence to regroup. You are getting a bit giddy because we are in a final. I will say again, he is a great player but well below his best and against Italy we need power and pace up front and he is providing neither. He is still a very smart player but for me he would not be playing more than 45 mins.

Played well in the last couple of games and always likely to get a goal. Would be madness not to play him.
It would be madness not to have him there, but probably for half the game I think. When he has a spring in his step you are right, but he does not

….what you see is what you get. Despite everybody thinking he‘s super matured under the guidance of his psychologist, he’ll always be erratic with a blunder around the corner.

i’ve always been of this view but we do have bigger issues to solve.

All keepers are these days i think...not one keeper in the world has been exempt from a calamity in the last year.

thanks for the explanation of his job. He was excellent at getting fouls because he could not run past anyone. And for your information a foul allows the defence to regroup. You are getting a bit giddy because we are in a final. I will say again, he is a great player but well below his best and against Italy we need power and pace up front and he is providing neither. He is still a very smart player but for me he would not be playing more than 45 mins.
Classic example of not understanding what he was asked to do (and did very well).

Basically, every pundit and publication suggests you are wrong

Summed up beautifully by the Evening STandard:
Harry Kane: Intelligent with his hold-up play and won fouls in dangerous positions. Great passing to bring others into play despite limited service.

He's already won the Tournament Golden Glove.

Broke the England record for time not conceding.

7 clean sheets on the bounce.

Shut up lad.
Yes all those boss saves he has made in the tournament against heavyweights of the sport, been making them left right and centre, well deserved.

All keepers are these days i think...not one keeper in the world has been exempt from a calamity in the last year.

…yep, the standard isn’t great. Aside from the erratic behaviour & gaffs, I’ve never been a Pickford fan because he doesn’t command his penalty area.

He’s certainly capable of outstanding saves & if he remains our keeper for the next few seasons then I’m not overly concerned, he’s just not the type of keeper I prefer.

Everything he does is questioned,I hold my hands up to that. But the TV talking heads are just rubbing their hands if Italy win.
This is seemingly true. Maybe it isn't but time will tell. The talking heads have never forgiven him for accidentally injuring VVD

Status
Not open for further replies.