Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt mean to talk down to you mate. I will put it another way, the football culture in Liverpool is unique. Unless you have witnessed it, you just wont get it. Be that you living in the US or London.

Like I dont get why a baseball fan would be killed in the US. Nor the ancient rivalries in Glasgow or Istanbul which appear to transgress actual football. As in, you are a specific religion or creed or sommet, so follow THAT team. In Liverpool, that just doesnt happen.

But anyrate, with luck you will be over to get here soon.
I'll be very sad if I don't get to see a match at Goodison before the move.

Didnt mean to talk down to you mate. I will put it another way, the football culture in Liverpool is unique. Unless you have witnessed it, you just wont get it. Be that you living in the US or London.

Like I dont get why a baseball fan would be killed in the US. Nor the ancient rivalries in Glasgow or Istanbul which appear to transgress actual football. As in, you are a specific religion or creed or sommet, so follow THAT team. In Liverpool, that just doesnt happen.

But anyrate, with luck you will be over to get here soon.
I'm on everyone's side here. I understand that for local Blues this is tough in a way no other hire could be. I just hope we can do it without lashing out at people. I don't like it either, maybe the reasons aren't all the way the same, but we're on the same team.

And you're speaking as someone who has the typical arrogance of "we're just different and better" so it's fine, "The Friendly Derby" is the most intense thing in the world. Carry on.

Basically this entire post is saying we can't have rivalries because our country is big. So yeah man you do you.
No, it I'm not even being specific to the Everton and Liverpool rivalry.

I'm just saying the rivalries we have over here go back further than most of the American sports ones and an intra-city rivalry is another level unto itself that the U.S. doesn't really have for most of their big sports.

The only cities that have two teams are usually LA and New York and they aren't original rivalries, they're rivalries from expansion teams that don't have much history at all.

Trying to speak about what the Liverpool and Everton rivalry means to Evertonians when you haven't lived in the city and grown up your entire life in it means you both don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I think the mixed family thing is more recent, everyone wants to support the big teams in the wonderful world of sky. The mixed families in the past, although they were around, were by no means the norm.
Dunno man, my extended family has been mixed since forever. My dad, grandad and great-grandad were all blues, but plenty of my dad's cousins etc and my cousins are reds.

Don't worry if Rafael doesn't work, there is always the option of using him as a fat Spanish waiter serving beers on the outskirts of Goodison.

Was never my first choice but i came to accept it a week or two ago i.e when it became evident that he was the man they wanted. Whether we like it or not he is the Manager of Everton now and therefore he has my support and i want him to do well because if he does well, then so do we and man has doing well been a long time coming and might still be but we will have to wait and see. So welcome to the blue and better half of Merseyside RB and good luck.

I’m ok with the appointment, in fact I’m starting to like it because Farhad is sticking to his guns. He obviously knows the fans sentiment, but it’s his money paying the manager and I don’t think you’d blow three years on a manager that most fans didn’t want.

I also like that Rafael has the balls that the fans might turn on him quicklyeven though I really hope Everton fans don’t do that. Yes the manager earns a lot of money but he could take many other jobs.

I think he could also heal some rifts between Liverpool and Everton, a bit like Jamie Carragher whom I like a lot. Sometimes I find the divisiveness a bit much. I like the liverpool witch hunt thread as much as anyone here, but I think sometimes it causes unnecessary resentment, maybe Rafael is the guy to bring both clubs together. I don’t live in liverpool or England so what do I know.

Finally I’m really hoping you guys don’t boo him from the start like Chelsea did when he was there for a year… let’s give the guy a chance.

Right, now that it's done, I only want success for everton. If he can improve us I'll be fully behind him. All that other guff that comes with the appointment is irrelevant to me. He seems a steely individual, might just be what some of our donkeys need to get a tune out of them.

I'll be very sad if I don't get to see a match at Goodison before the move.

And try the full English breakfast at the Goodison Road cafe.

Mug of tea and 3 sugars.

Just don't tell your cardiologist.

CAFE..jpg

To be honest I am just relieved that this whole saga is over with.
Now he is our manager , I am going to just ignore his past , and get behind him.
I honestly think that he is going to do a good job.

I'm one for his appointment given the other candidates we could have had but I'm not backing him, I'll back the team though. Like others have said he and the players can't have the easy out of 'the fans didn't support us'.

No, it I'm not even being specific to the Everton and Liverpool rivalry.

I'm just saying the rivalries we have over here go back further than most of the American sports ones and an intra-city rivalry is another level unto itself that the U.S. doesn't really have for most of their big sports.

The only cities that have two teams are usually LA and New York and they aren't original rivalries, they're rivalries from expansion teams that don't have much history at all.

Trying to speak about what the Liverpool and Everton rivalry means to Evertonians when you haven't lived in the city and grown up your entire life in it means you both don't have a clue what you're talking about.
But I'm not trying to do that.

Since you feel the need to go all explain mode to me I'm going to give you some just for fun.

The intracity thing doesn't matter here. Americans grow up with a different appreciation of space than you all do. Boston and NY is a big rivalry and they are the same distance apart as Merseyside and London. It doesn't matter. Same as Seattle and Portland being probably as far as Southampton and some point on Scotland are apart. It's unique the same way you all are and no one is better.

I'm on your side, I understand this hurts, stop taking shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.