Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ In other words 'I'm a bigger fan than you'

Seeing this a lot already. Can we please not try and point score amongst other blues over this??

I don’t think anyone is trying to out blue anyone . If someone supports Everton with no historical ties I think they’re probably bigger blues than me but some of the nuances of the rivalries with that shower or the hate/anger it generates maybe has to be lived experiences .

Honestly I’ll repeat myself choosing to put yourself through this or travelling once a year , ten years or twenty is just a dedication I can only envy but living with them is also different , As is them spitting it pissing on you . It doesn’t mate anyone better it’s just different.

It depends what the underlying reason is, doesn’t it? If we want him gone because results are terrible I assume he’d be binned because results are terrible, not because we’re crying about it. If we want him gone because we’re being cryarses then I suspect he will indeed ignore us, and so he should really; it’d be odd to make the appointment in the face of cryarsing and then bin him on the back of that same cryarsing.
Whether fans like it or not, he'll be judged on the same thing any manager should be judged on.

Again you're another person who is speaking of something you haven't experienced locally.

You're both chatting out your backsides.
And you're speaking as someone who has the typical arrogance of "we're just different and better" so it's fine, "The Friendly Derby" is the most intense thing in the world. Carry on.
American sports rivalries are woeful manufactured plastic things that lack the history of what we have in football.

Nearly every team in your major leagues has an entire city to themselves. That intra-city rivalry of the main sport that dominates the country is just something that doesn't exist there.
Basically this entire post is saying we can't have rivalries because our country is big. So yeah man you do you.

First paparazzi shot of Rafael celebrating new role with his wife and Steven Gerrard emerges.....

1625076380964.png

What we're going to witness today is the exocism of Rafael Benitez... We're going excise all of the ghastly Kopite spirits out of his soul....he's going to be sorry he ever clapped eyes on Analfield... Never again will he ever hang a red bauble on his Christmas tree!!!

Today Rafael Benitez seen the light...
Today Rafael Benitez become a blue...

I don’t think anyone is trying to out blue anyone . If someone supports Everton with no historical ties I think they’re probably bigger blues than me but some of the nuances of the rivalries with that shower or the hate/anger it generates maybe has to be lived experiences .

I wouldn’t say being local completely defines it. I’m local and I couldn’t give a rats arse about them, does that make me less of an Evertonian? Not at all I just don’t take anything they say or do seriously, red mates wind me up all the time over stuff, I just laugh it off. It’s all about how seriously you take it. It’s just a game at the end of the day. More important things in life to get upset about as this last year has proven.

Where did I say everyone has to be?

I'm settling for it, not fine with it.

The uber-bloo stuff is off the charts at the moment.
You literally said it in your post. Something along the lines of 'if I can get behind him I don't see why others can't'? I can scroll and find it if you like. And whether it's over the top or not is down to opinion. Maybe everton means too much to me? I'll take that criticism gladly, but mean a lot it does, and dressing this up as anything other than a disgrace is, in my opinion, letting them get away with it.

I wouldn’t say being local completely defines it. I’m local and I couldn’t give a rats arse about them, does that make me less of an Evertonian? Not at all I just don’t take anything they say or do seriously, red mates wind me up all the time over stuff, I just laugh it off. It’s all about how seriously you take it. It’s just a game at the end of the day. More important things in life to get upset about as this last year has proven.
I’ve tried to address a point I badly explained I’d never undermine a single blue . We’re in this together.

Whether fans like it or not, he'll be judged on the same thing any manager should be judged on.
Absolutely. I don’t mind the appointment. I don’t LIKE that it’s been done with such opposition from the fans but the fact it has is surely a sign that the board have a “win at all costs” approach to appointing who they believe is the right person; the fact they know they’ll get crucified doubly if they get this one wrong but did it anyway gives me a weird sort of comfort.

It’s kind of like when you’re in rough turbulence but the flight attendants are having a laugh and a joke. It’s all fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.