Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
…that’s much too romantic a view for me. I’m not sure any professional ‘loves the Blues’, we love our club but it’s their occupation. Sure, over time some players & the odd manager might have an affinity over time.

I actually think Benitez will do a decent job, but I think there’ll be distance between him and most of the fan base. It’s a business arrangement.
I agree initially.

I think if he couples winning (which I would consider competing for Top 6) and says all the right things in the press, fans unsure of him will come around.

American sports rivalries are woeful manufactured plastic things that lack the history of what we have in football.

Nearly every team in your major leagues has an entire city to themselves. That intra-city rivalry of the main sport that dominates the country is just something that doesn't exist there.
lol lol

If he’s committed as he says he is, I expect to see the likes of siguardsson, gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Tosun, Bernard, got rid of asap....Preferably before the season starts. Wouldn't be devasted if Davies and Keane were punted as well.

I pushed for Rafael here in 2019 when I thought Carlo was too lofty a target.

Do I think he's a great manager at this stage? No I don't.

But David Moyes has West Ham playing European football this upcoming season.

Give Rafael the time and space to implement what he wants to implement. If he fails, it should be solely on him. The fans should not allow their "discontent" to be used as an excuse.

Don't know why people think Moshiri will start listening to fans in 18 months if we want him gone then. He's shown today he isn't arsed what we think at all.
It depends what the underlying reason is, doesn’t it? If we want him gone because results are terrible I assume he’d be binned because results are terrible, not because we’re crying about it. If we want him gone because we’re being cryarses then I suspect he will indeed ignore us, and so he should really; it’d be odd to make the appointment in the face of cryarsing and then bin him on the back of that same cryarsing.

No offence mate but I think you have to be a local to totally understand

are-you-local.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.