Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at his previous 5 years...bang-average stuff, with the last two being a stint in bloody China - where old managers go for their final paychecks. He's long passed his peak (which he annoyingly had with the red team).

Once again, we're getting sloppy seconds...it's embarrassing.

So sad we didn't give it to Dunc. No sense of identity in the club anymore.
"Give it Dunc"

:coffee:

He will need to go out of his way to show he loves the Blue - which isn't difficult to do.

The mob will die down if he wins and shows his appreciation of the fans.

…that’s much too romantic a view for me. I’m not sure any professional ‘loves the Blues’, we love our club but it’s their occupation. Sure, over time some players & the odd manager might have an affinity over time.

I actually think Benitez will do a decent job, but I think there’ll be distance between him and most of the fan base. It’s a business arrangement.

Or I don't let sports dominate my life like that.
It's hard to explain mate, I'm not on here to be a keyboard warrior and pick a fight with an anonymous, fellow blue so I'll just say that having grown up with the red half of merseyside , almost constantly telling the world how good they are, it breeds a deep resentment. I don't know enough about American sports teams to come up with a good equivalent for you.

Rafael's so red, he insisted on spending some time in Communist China!

1625075972450.png

It's hard to explain mate, I'm not on here to be a keyboard warrior and pick a fight with an anonymous, fellow blue so I'll just say that having grown up with the red half of merseyside , almost constantly telling the world how good they are, it breeds a deep resentment. I don't know enough about American sports teams to come up with a good equivalent for you.
Oh I get having an annoying as hell rival. If said person bases their worldview on sports, it's probably best to leave them to the loony bin where they belong.

As someone who has experienced both your rivalries are nothing.

Ours have far more history and regional tribalism behind them that just hasn't had enough time to develop in North America.
So are English derbies though to be perfectly honest. We're all a bunch of children compared to what is served up in Argentina or Istanbul if this is the route you want to go with it.

Have you been to baseball games here where fans of opposing teams get beaten to death in the parking lot? Over a baseball game?

Liverpool/Everton isn't unique.
American sports rivalries are woeful manufactured plastic things that lack the history of what we have in football.

Nearly every team in your major leagues has an entire city to themselves. That intra-city rivalry of the main sport that dominates the country is just something that doesn't exist there.

I scalded my hand today with boiling water, not sure what's worse, this or the scald at least I know the scald will be gone in a day, Benitez will be here much longer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.