Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are very few decent managers available. We thought we had struck gold with the appointment of Carlo and look what he did to us. In my opinion Rafael should never have been considered as a candidate, for the comments he made about us. This isn’t me being anti RS, as I’d love the likes of Rogers to be our manager. However we need to continue to support the team. I doubt Rafael will ever have any connection with the fans here, he didn’t at Chelsea, but that didn’t stop him winning silverware. Carlo couldn’t get a tune out of some of our team, despite widespread backing from the board as well as the fans. Time will tell if Rafael is that man to get the team functioning with a clear style of play.

What's there to not understand?

We have a new manager. We now get behind him.

As I said to you before - Benitez is way down the list of people who have ripped the piss out of Everton. The boards of directors, coaching staff and gutless tanking players are way higher on that list for me.
I’m genuinely not bothered about him ripping the piss I’m bothered that we’ve potentially appointed a busted flush at the cost of lads falling out amongst themselves in the stand .to be clear reading your posts you definitely don’t get the anger . I appreciate to you might not really get that but to me it’s real , be that family or mates involved in arguments of confrontations with other blues because the owner doesn’t understand what’s at play here . If klopp quit tomorrow I’d have him , NSNO is what matters but it’s about what you’re risking and the odds and my admittedly slightly stupid head can’t process it .

so I think posting on a screen having a brew while you do so maybe you underestimate the Ill feeling between the clubs maybe you’ve not been to anfield and been spat on, had a cup of piss thrown on you or been attacked all of which are real . This is proper mate and if matters to people . I’ll keep saying I hope he never loses a game but tensions will run high and I can’t understand the process that appoints him . Risk reward wise given his recent cv makes no sense , I’ll go the game and every goal that goes in I’ll cheer but to say this isn’t divisive is delusional.

In regards to his interview, I hope everyone knows that there's some very clever media personnel behind the scenes at Everton that come up with the perfectly crafted questions for the equally perfectly crafted answers. It should go without saying but some folk need to avoid be sucked in too easily.

His first job must be the public execution of Sigurdsson.

I've quoted somebody else in regards to Sigurdsson today but I hope you know Benitez tried to sign him whilst at Newcastle?

There are huge similarities to his time at Stamford Bridge with a large section, possibly a big majority of their fanbase, hating every almost every minute of his time there, chanting the name of Mourinho at him.

His side floundered in the league and their defence of their Champions league title soon went south, a truly pitiful record. The fact they won the losers second tier European competition, which they entered by virtue of being eliminated, was scant consolation.

Following a poor league campaign, his temporary contract ended and their fans got their wish with their favourite manager Jose back for a second spell.

The press were fooled by the plaster he applied over the gaping wound he inflicted on them when his tenure came to an end. His failure to play John Terry still by a long way their best defender was both ridiculous and vindictive.

Be careful what you wish for screamed the stupid press boys. However the Chelsea fans got their wish and Mourinho took over. He immediately restored John Terry as their central pillar and captain and in his first season back they walked the league. José pressed his usual self destruct button in his second season but had shown in his first, just some of the more obvious errors with Benitez and his obstinate refusal to adapt.

Benitez seems to rotate just for the sake of it, his sides playing in a deeply unattractive formulaic style of least risk. He's a decent coach but the precedents for unpopular appointments aren't good. You only have to look at other managers who have crossed a city divide up see it rarely works. Alex McLeish won the league cup at Birmingham City was hated at Villa who still appointed him and it was a disaster.

I'm finding it hard to just switch off a lifetime's allegiance to the blues but this appointment will make it a lot easier. I'm liking supporting England far more than Everton atm.

Would have preferred Potter personally

Think this may have been a missed opportunity

Man admitted he can’t handle the criticism from the Brighton fans... imagine him on the touch line if we’re 2-0 down to Burnley at a full house Goodison, the snarls and boos from the bedsheet lids... he’d be scarred for life.

Spoken like a guy who hasn't £500 million invested into a stadium that goes down the swanny if the worst happened lol
Yeah splitting the Fanbase & appointing a bloke who was actually relegated is the best way of ensuring a team that finished what 20 points from relegation won’t risk relegation .

Are you sure mate

Status
Not open for further replies.