Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get being salty about him calling out Everton's/Moyes' small club mentality. If you want to hold onto that after all these years, that's your choice.

For me he's tactically sound, a winner at most of his stops (truthfully I don't care what his record under Mike Ashley pre-bigger spending and in China are), and cares about his reputation. He won at Chelsea after saying he'd never work for them. Those are the kinds of things managers say and do, they aren't fans like us.
For those of an age I haven't forgiven them for the Everton are tragic

He's also got a proper rubbish squad to work with. I've no idea how he lasts even a season.
If Big Sam has to come in and rescue the club again, it would just be incredible viewing.

Deffo needs recording for an Amazon series right now does this club.

He's also got a proper rubbish squad to work with. I've no idea how he lasts even a season.

And he's about to have no DoF to help him fix it.

This is a dangerous season this one. A poor gaggle of players is now a season older. The failed coaching team hasn't been moved on. And we have added a washed-up leviathan as the manager. We're about to jettison a DoF who has spent hundreds of millions disastrously, so the new one - on the eve of preseason - will have to work with the current mess.

And Gylfi is still here.

And he's about to have no DoF to help him fix it.

This is a dangerous season this one. A poor gaggle of players is now a season older. The failed coaching team hasn't been moved on. And we have added a washed-up leviathan as the manager. We're about to jettison a DoF who has spent hundreds of millions disastrously, so the new one - on the eve of preseason - will have to work with the current mess.

And Gylfi is still here.

What's this about?

One thing that I picked up watching that that some others might not of, was the barely imperceptible pause after the interviewer mentioned Dunc's role with the club. To highly trained ears like mine we can pick up on this and tune in to the brainwaves and I can tell he was thinking "don't say he's going to put out cones" over and over again.

:hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.