Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same tribalism happens here. The stupidity of it spilling over isn't unique to anywhere, unfortunately.

Some people handle success with class, reserve, and humility.

The RS here ( in our city) subject us to arrogance, belittlement, and scorn.

They take every opportunity to mock and deride us, so no surprise we find them hard to love.

I really think everyone has to think like an owner here. He's an accountant, risk-averse in nature. He's taken risks and had to pay more buyouts than he's seen wins over Liverpool. He wants safe and proven for once. Rafael loves Merseyside, he won't pull a Carlo.
The problem is he's not able to identify what is and isn't a risk. This is a risk.

Chelsea fan here. I absolutely feel your pain - I refused to go when FSW was our interim manager (it was helped by me living in Stoke and being skint then, though, tbf)

He didn't apologise for what he said about us (“We don’t need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It’s the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion.”) so I wouldn't hold out for an apology if I were you.

The atmosphere at the ground was awful, apparently and, as others have mentioned, had match going fans at loggerheads, some of which ended up with them fighting. It was far from ideal.

Luckily for us, he was only interim - hopefully you'll be rid of him soon enough. Our games will be a laugh, though, he'll be being booed from all sides!

It is said that he works hard, more than Carlo. I don't like him, he has been a red but in football history there's a lot of "traitors", even Johan Cruyff played for Feyenoord. We have to trust in him, he is a professional. This players, with hard work can improve a lot.

I have watched the interview and yes it’s all words, as interviews are. However, while I am not happy about this I am going to give him a chance. What I simply can’t do is want this to fail, because if he fails, my club fails. I won’t accept failure, no matter what.

I understand some of the reasons people are unhappy but now it's official I hope it goes well. After the experience of us hiring Allardyce this is nothing for me.

If he gets us winning games and gets us into Europe and maybe wins a trophy then I don't really care what has come before. If he's rubbish the cycle repeats again.

I think the mixed family thing is more recent, everyone wants to support the big teams in the wonderful world of sky. The mixed families in the past, although they were around, were by no means the norm.

Like I said though it just wouldn't happen in America. They take it far more seriously. Evertonian Dads with a red son. They'd be disowned over there, doing that with their major league supports team.

You simply can't compare the two. The American fan may not know Liverpool well, but the same applies the other way.

Some people handle success with class, reserve, and humility.

The RS here ( in our city) subject us to arrogance, belittlement, and scorn.

They take every opportunity to mock and deride us, so no surprise we find them hard to love.
I would welcome you to come to a Tennessee/Alabama or Tennessee/Georgia game. I would tell you what I think of them and their attitudes but I know I'll get 5-10 points and I've already gotten enough slaps lately. To be honest that kind of tribalism is probably more popular in collegiate sports here since there are alumni allegiances and whatnot.

To be honest I am just relieved that this whole saga is over with.
Now he is our manager , I am going to just ignore his past , and get behind him.
I honestly think that he is going to do a good job.

For him to take this job knowing full well what he is in for after that banner was hung near his house is no small matter. He doesn't care that you hate him. I like that.

He is not afraid to make the statements and then take the heat that comes with them. You can't question his courage. I would respect him less if he apologized. Say what you mean, own what you say, take the heat, and move on. I am sick of everyone needing to apologize for everything in this world. We have all become soft.

He took a club down. He put his reputation on the line and promised they were coming back up. He stayed and got them back up. He didn't abandon them. The team he had was hot garbage. How many managers would do that? Not many we have had recently that's for sure. When was the last time a manager made a promise to us and kept it. I am still waiting for Carlo to lead us into the new stadium.

I have no idea how the team will respond and that is all that matters to me. I want to see this club play in Europe. I am tired of seeing them play scared. If he gets us there I am with him. If not, well then out he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.