Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would welcome you to come to a Tennessee/Alabama or Tennessee/Georgia game. I would tell you what I think of them and their attitudes but I know I'll get 5-10 points and I've already gotten enough slaps lately. To be honest that kind of tribalism is probably more popular in collegiate sports here since there are alumni allegiances and whatnot.
Are you a Vol? I am as well.

To be honest I am just relieved that this whole saga is over with.
Now he is our manager , I am going to just ignore his past , and get behind him.
I honestly think that he is going to do a good job.
I mean, how bad can he be? At least we know he will build on the exciting foundations laid by Carlo!

I wonder which Everton players have the most to fear from the arrival of Benitez? A few of the regular choices must be crapping themselves. Dear old affectionate Carlo the Rat has been replaced by someone who is likely to be a different kettle of fish. I wait with interest. Bring it on.

You literally said it in your post. Something along the lines of 'if I can get behind him I don't see why others can't'? I can scroll and find it if you like. And whether it's over the top or not is down to opinion. Maybe everton means too much to me? I'll take that criticism gladly, but mean a lot it does, and dressing this up as anything other than a disgrace is, in my opinion, letting them get away with it.
How is that "being fine" with him?

It's acceptance of the situation rather than the slightly more positive 'fine'.

And?

I'm just tired of seeing people talking like "Americans don't get it, it's different here." Yeah the culture will have its unique traits but sports rivalries? I think I get it. You don't have to talk down to us.
It’s not about the rivalry. Rivalries aren’t a unique thing to football or to England or even to Liverpool.

But the Everton Liverpool thing *is* unique and you do need to be close to it to truly get it. It’s not just about the sport, it’s beyond that.

In the same way I’m not going to truly appreciate inter and Milan or boca v river plate or Yankees v Red Sox.

I’m not going to actually get it. You need to live and walk the streets and grown up in the families and everything that goes with it to really get it. Because it goes beyond sporting rivalry.

it’s about counter culture and the fabric of the city and the nature of Liverpudlians.

You don’t get that if you’ve not been there. Close to it.

Im sorry but you just don’t.

Very disappointed with the club today. A short term appointment that causes division in the support.

Shame on Moshiri and everyone else involved in the decision to bring him here.

Can't even order a ceveza through table service at the tapas bar because the waiter got another job.

I wonder which Everton players have the most to fear from the arrival of Benitez? A few of the regular choices must be crapping themselves. Dear old affectionate Carlo the Rat has been replaced by someone who is likely to be a different kettle of fish. I wait with interest. Bring it on.
I hope he goes in there and skittles the lot of the wasters.

And?

I'm just tired of seeing people talking like "Americans don't get it, it's different here." Yeah the culture will have its unique traits but sports rivalries? I think I get it. You don't have to talk down to us.

Didnt mean to talk down to you mate. I will put it another way, the football culture in Liverpool is unique. Unless you have witnessed it, you just wont get it. Be that you living in the US or London.

Like I dont get why a baseball fan would be killed in the US. Nor the ancient rivalries in Glasgow or Istanbul which appear to transgress actual football. As in, you are a specific religion or creed or sommet, so follow THAT team. In Liverpool, that just doesnt happen.

But anyrate, with luck you will be over to get here soon.

It’s not about the rivalry. Rivalries aren’t a unique thing to football or to England or even to Liverpool.

But the Everton Liverpool thing *is* unique and you do need to be close to it to truly get it. It’s not just about the sport, it’s beyond that.

In the same way I’m not going to truly appreciate inter and Milan or boca v river plate or Yankees v Red Sox.

I’m not going to actually get it. You need to live and walk the streets and grown up in the families and everything that goes with it to really get it. Because it goes beyond sporting rivalry.

it’s about counter culture and the fabric of the city and the nature of Liverpudlians.

You don’t get that if you’ve not been there. Close to it.

Im sorry but you just don’t.
Or just talk down to me anyway.

I didn't want Koeman, I didn't want fat Sam, I didn't want Silva. But they were our manager so I backed them 100%. Yes I criticised them when things went wrong and I'll treat Benitez the same way. When I'm at the match I'll sing his name and back him. When things go wrong I'll criticise and if it gets that bad I'll be calling for his head. But for now he's Everton manager and I'll give him my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.