New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News' Vinny O'Connor at Finch Farm:

"Rafael Benitez is here at Everton’s Finch Farm training ground. He arrived a short while ago, driven in a people carrier, having made the 40-minute trip from his home on The Wirral. We couldn’t see him through the blacked-out windows, but we do understand that he was in the vehicle.

"Last night, we brought you the news that he is effectively the new Everton manager because the three-year contract had been finalised, but there is no official confirmation as yet.

"We’ve also seen the likes of Duncan Ferguson arriving before Benitez, David Unsworth and Leighton Baines are also here. We understand that Rafael Benitez will meet with them throughout the day as well."

Rafael straight into work lol. Good on him. Where is Brands FFS. Talk transfers !!!
I think he'll promote Baines.

Why are you so hung up on the small club comment? Who cares? We're shabite - he called it how he seen it. It is what it is.
I care. It's not the main reason I didn't want him here, but it's an issue. Football is tribal, it's basically a substitute for war. People are very parochial and partisan about football, they always have been and always will be. You can argue over whether that's how people should feel and whether it's healthy and all that, but it won't change the fact that that's how it is. Ignoring it, or pretending that everyone sees football matters rationally, is pointless. The manager of a football club is the rallying point for the followers of that club, you should believe in them and feel that they're one of you. You should want to go into battle with them, be proud of them, feel that they have your best interests at heart. When the manager of your club that you sing about being 'the greatest team the world has ever seen' has publicly called you a small club, and has a clear bond (not just previous relationship but ongoing love-in) with your biggest rivals, then it's difficult to feel that way. For that reason, the small club comment is an issue for me. Not arsed whether people say get over it or whatever, that isn't how it works.

Jurassic-Park-33-Hold-on-to-your-butts1.jpg

I have no issues with appointing Ancelotti. He was clearly the best person available when we had a vacancy. It ended very badly but I'm not going to blame the board for taking a chance on one of the most successful managers of all time.

People can support this appointment if they think it's good but people do not have to support it if they think it is going to go very badly wrong. No one is a better supporter for telling everyone they must get behind Benitez. I will support the team but I will never support this appointment because it has brought a lot of division to the club. He will get a chance to show whether he can do a good job regardless of what people say, but people are very much entitled to think that there are others who could do a much better job under a much more pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere.

Basically, I'm just fed up with others telling me how I should feel about this appointment. I think it's going to be a disaster and I don't like it - call me a crap fan if that's what you think, but I'm not going to change my mind.
OK fair comment

Status
Not open for further replies.