New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes would have been mad to come back here.
I think so too. I would have taken him in the immediate aftermath of Ancelotti leaving but it probably wouldn’t work out for him here again. Plus he has momentum with West Ham now and is rebuilding his reputation. Taking the Everton job where he could get sacked after a bad season would have been a hiding to nothing for him.

IMG-20210629-WA0022.jpg

Does he apologise for the small club comment or does he try to spin it? Or both?

Get your bets in

I think if he wants support from the start (which is a long shot) he could start with an apology and a message to the fans in general. Our fans seem to lap things up quite easily whenever a manager praises us.

Judging any club by its "size" is knobhead behavior anyway for me. Proper horrible elitist stuff.

I would like to think that every manager on earth wants to succeed.

Agree wholeheartedly mate, which is why im baffled by the offence a lot of the fanbase have with his comment many many moons ago.

You'd think that mate - but i honestly dont think Ancelotti did, i think he was happy picking up his £11m a year knowing the fans would never turn on him and the board unlikely to sack him, there is no motivation to succeed there. Regardless of what he done at Everton he was still Carlo Ancelotti, the fact he crumbled and got us 10th despite being 2nd place on Boxing Day didnt put Real Madrid off did it? Because its Carlo Ancelotti.

All he has to say is "I was frustrated because we couldn't beat Everton at home due to how defensively sound they were and I made a snide comment due to my frustration. Obviously it was wrong to do that and I apologise. Ultimately, if I thought Everton were a small club then I wouldn't be managing them. I want to move on from that and show the Evertonians how dedicated I am to this job and how much I respect this great club"

Surely even he can make that sound genuine?

Why are you so hung up on the small club comment? Who cares? We're shabite - he called it how he seen it. It is what it is.

All he has to say is "I was frustrated because we couldn't beat Everton at home due to how defensively sound they were and I made a snide comment due to my frustration. Obviously it was wrong to do that and I apologise. Ultimately, if I thought Everton were a small club then I wouldn't be managing them. I want to move on from that and show the Evertonians how dedicated I am to this job and how much I respect this great club"

Surely even he can make that sound genuine?
blood hell you convinced me!, you free to do the next government announcement on how the UK economy is going to bounce back from the Covid pandemic?

Moyes would have been mad to come back here.
I would have been mad if he came back. Most talk about what a manager has won, Benitez won nothing in 7 years so he is a dinosaur, Potter won nothing, Howes got Bournemouth relegated, Wolves finished below us so no go Nuno then some people want Moyes back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.