New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring Ferguson, he doesn't have a say in any of the rest of them

Agreed, but im not convinced Marcel Brands is overly keen on half of them either. Benitez could give him some support over the Super Bloos on the board to getting proper coaches and people in, not just TOP BLOOS.

There is absolutely no chance a majority of fans support the appointment. I'd hazard a guess it's less than 20%.

I mean we will never know for certain, but most of the polls, across different channels show a like to dislike ratio of around 2/3-1 against him. If he has a blinding press conference maybe he gets it close to even. It's not impossible to win the fans around, but he's got a big job on his hands.

I've never seen a reaction like this and Everton fans are not prone to these reactions. We tolerate basically anything, no matter how rubbish we are.
The reaction you are claiming comes from a minority of Everton Football Club supporters because it is based on the reaction of a number of keyboard warriors not the unconfirmed views of regular match goers.

If the togger is excruciating to watch again, not sure I can be bothered this season. When you enter a season knowing you probably aren't going to win anything then at least I would like some entertainment.

"A lot of" is not a majority and certainly nowhere near the 51% of match goers needed to support your claim

No Evertonian can be honestly pleased with this appointment.

At very best I'd suggest it's 10% ambivalent, 40% unhappy and 50% downright fuming.

He has neither the credentials nor persona to justify getting the job. His successes were in a different era. The baggage he carries makes it an insult to true fans.

We know we're not going to win the league next season. We know this. It's not about that. It's about being treated with an ounce of respect.

the leak about Moyes being a no.1 choice probably a false flag as well, thrown out there by Moshiri's people to make it sound as if BK's views were being taken seriously in this whole pantomime appointment.

Really strange that all the reports say there’s been a ‘mixed reaction’ to the appointment. As if an overwhelmingly negative response complete with banners, graffiti, and threats, some people who don’t like it but will just get on with it, and about 3 people being happy, would normally be described as ‘mixed’.

In fairness though, mixed is the English/polite way of saying bad.

When you travel the world you realise how odd the English are with our etiquette and reserve, and how we say one thing but mean another. It would be easier all round if people say "bad" but most of the time we fudge it. In fairness I do it as well.

I actually don't think it helps Benitez though. It just annoys fans more because they feel they are not being represented properly and Benitez is likely to bear the brunt of that, when that bit of it is not directly his fault. I always think in situations like this you are best to tackle the elephant in the room and acknowledge it. State you know you're unpopular, why you are unpopular and how you are going to try and combat that.

What we will get though, is the club just fudging it from a comms perspective and just hoping the problem goes away, which most don't.

Can’t quite believe this appointment if it happens. Is he the best they can find?
The game has moved on so much.

Truely astonishes me that he can come over from some terrible league in China and walk into one of the highest paid manager roles in the world.

Who said that is the case?

Theres NO chance he's boxing off Ancelotti's £11m a year. He'll be lucky to get half that.

The reaction you are claiming comes from a minority of Everton Football Club supporters because it is based on the reaction of a number of keyboard warriors not the unconfirmed views of regular match goers.

GOT is fairly reflective of matchgoing supporters in my experience. Just look at the reaction toward Allardyce. Twitter is usually not reflective of real life though.

Calling people you disagree with "keyboard warriors" is hardly a good way to debate either.

The fact is that this is one of the most divisive decisions the board could have taken, so if it goes wrong, they will have to take full responsibility and resign. They know what they are letting themselves in for, so will have to accept the results on the field that come from it.

The first interview needs to be absolutely on the money. He needs to say absolutely everything right or the toxicity will still be there come the Southampton game
Indeed, be interesting to hear what he has to say to the inevitable questions about them……if he speaks highly about them he’s done before he even begins.
wouldn’t expect him to slate them, that simply isn’t going to happen, but anything other than ‘that’s the past’ or ‘I’m not here to talk about them’ and he’s seriously asking for trouble

I'm not sure I get to 7 or 8 quality players. Maybe 6 if we're being generous but some of those come with serious questions about their ability to stay healthy which is something to factor in. At any rate he had a Napoli team with Higuain, Mertens, Insigne, Koulibaly, Hamsik, Jorginho, Callejon and others and had their worst season until Carlo Fraudtastico came in and crapped all over it to a larger extent. So that's not actually making me feel too good.

I have a hard time as seeing Benitez as a "serial winner" and even if that was true we just got done having an even better version of that being a complete failure who quit when it got tough. So sorry but I'm not filled with much optimism here.

I mean just for clarity, Carlo had 1 season at Napoli where they finished 2nd.

No Evertonian can be honestly pleased with this appointment.

At very best I'd suggest it's 10% ambivalent, 40% unhappy and 50% downright fuming.

He has neither the credentials nor persona to justify getting the job. His successes were in a different era. The baggage he carries makes it an insult to true fans.

We know we're not going to win the league next season. We know this. It's not about that. It's about being treated with an ounce of respect.
Regardless of the era he does have the credentials and as far as baggage us concerned his comment ,"small club," is on the same insult level as our claim to be "the people's club,,"

Status
Not open for further replies.