New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After sleeping on it I think I have gone into dad mode.

I am not angry, I am just disappointed.

It's like in the Wizard of Oz when they get to the Emerald City and its all magical and great and then they pull back the curtain and its just some old bloke pulling a few levers.

I keep thinking back to the ESL stuff. I was proud of the club then taking a stand and all you got was fans of other clubs saying we are only taking a stand because we were not invited. I thought it was nonsense at the time but they were spot on really. A few months later our manager at the time who took a stand has ran away to an ESL club and to keep up we have made a deal with the devil.

We really would do anything for a bit of success wouldn't we? Some people are OK with that evidently. For me it just feels really empty and hollow.

Oh you are a piece of work lol It is a good thing you aren't making the appointment because there wouldn't be one. There is nothing wrong with saying I would expect those that don't resort to abusive and threatening banners to have a level of reasonableness to get over the fact he's not their preferred choice. If they choose to be alienated that's on them. It is a choice. I am not telling anyone how to support the club, you are! Your argument is we should all be supportive of those whose emotions are running high at this appointment, understand them and accept them as being important enough to stop the club making a decision and going forward. There is no way everyone will be happy with any manager after Carlo left the way he did but it is what it is. People can support the team under Benitez or not, their choice. Does that sound like someone telling people how to support the club? Obviously not! You saying we shouldn't say people can get over it or not does however sound like telling someone how to support the club, don't you think?
You think I am a "piece of work" because I pulled you up for constantly having a pop and sneering at fellow fans?

OK, fair enough. There really is no more discussion to be had here then is there?

After sleeping on it I think I have gone into dad mode.

I am not angry, I am just disappointed.

It's like in the Wizard of Oz when they get to the Emerald City and its all magical and great and then they pull back the curtain and its just some old bloke pulling a few levers.

I keep thinking back to the ESL stuff. I was proud of the club then taking a stand and all you got was fans of other clubs saying we are only taking a stand because we were not invited. I thought it was nonsense at the time but they were spot on really. A few months later our manager at the time who took a stand has ran away to an ESL club and to keep up we have made a deal with the devil.

We really would do anything for a bit of success wouldn't we? Some people are OK with that evidently. For me it just feels really empty and hollow.

Im genuinely beyond getting annoyed about anything this club does anymore it’s just not worth it. All the optimism I ever had has been drained away gradually over the years. Many years ago I would feel absolutely deflated for days if we lost a game, nowadays I just shrug it off and tell myself ‘Everton that’ been like this since the FA Cup final in 09. We are just one of them clubs there to make up the numbers now, a parody club that will never go any where.

Im genuinely beyond getting annoyed about anything this club does anymore it’s just not worth it. All the optimism I ever had has been drained away gradually over the years. Many years ago I would feel absolutely deflated for days if we lost a game, nowadays I just shrug it off and tell myself ‘Everton that’ been like this since the FA Cup final in 09. We are just one of them clubs there to make up the numbers now, a parody club that will never go any where.
Yup, we’re there to make up the numbers. Just there for the “founding members of the FL/ only a mile across Stanley Park/ traditional old ground” buzzwords.

this can go two ways he will massively fail or he will do well and surprise us, there's no middle ground here i just hope its the latter of the two. its happening so get used to and now lets sort the team out.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts.

I am just going to treat them as a form of entertainment from now I think. That's what they want anyway for us all to be consumers (obviously far from the only club to think that way, I stupidly thought we were different though).

I'll watch them when I am doing nothing else. I will turn it off if they do not entertain me and get on with the rest of my day.

It may actually be good for me.

Kopite alert. :cool:
What a stupid comment..maybe you can explain the basis for that remark about an Evertonian who started supporting the club at nine years of age going to the reserve games at Goodison courtesy of a family friends season ticket and having the "great" Oscar Hold as my first idol before one of the greatest centre forwards this club has produced Dave Hickson arrived on the season. People like you are sadly so entrenched in stupidity that you can't see the wood for the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.