Can We Succeed Next Season Without Breaking FFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't see us being anything other than a profligate mid-table club, I will say this: if you were going to show utter contempt for FFP and drive a horse and coaches through it, what better front man for that task than Rafael Benitez. Now there's a man who would unapologetically take on all-comers over his spending plans and to hell with what the press and Premier League think about it.

The worst thing about football accounting is fans who post doomsday predictions on social media about our spending.

No one knows what money we will or wont have to spend.

Boils my pish when you see people claiming we are skint or will have x amount to spend. USM could put £200 million into our accounts overnight towards the stadium and completely smash our FFP deficit in one go.

Likewise Kean could go to PSG tomorrow for £40 million etc.

Literally no one knows whats going to happen other than the owners.

The worst thing about football accounting is fans who post doomsday predictions on social media about our spending.

Boils my pish when you see people claiming we are skint or will have x amount to spend. USM could put £200 million into our accounts overnight towards the stadium and completely smash our FFP deficit in one go.

This is true, but the fact remains that we have posted £240m of losses in two years.

That is a definitely a problem that needs addressing somehow.

This is true, but the fact remains that we have posted £240m of losses in two years.

That is a definitely a problem that needs addressing somehow.

Honestly not bothered by it mate - the owners will be spending money they know they can account for ultimately.

USM aint giving us a naming rights deal out of the kindness of their hearts.

The new UEFA FFP rules coming in are also meant to be based on financial punishments rather than sporting ones.

The PL ones I highly doubt they'll be throwing the book at any club in the wake of giving the scab 6 a slap on the wrist for the ESL.

Honestly not bothered by it mate - the owners will be spending money they know they can account for ultimately.

USM aint giving us a naming rights deal out of the kindness of their hearts.

The new UEFA FFP rules coming in are also meant to be based on financial punishments rather than sporting ones.

The PL ones I highly doubt they'll be throwing the book at any club in the wake of giving the scab 6 a slap on the wrist for the ESL.
We are exactly the sort of club they slap.

They won’t touch the top six because they generate 95% of the income.

us on the other hand….

As I said mate - leave the worrying and the fag packet maths to the billionaire owners lol
I’m not worrying.

To be honest I sometimes think I would be liberated from the curse of being an Everton fan if they went bust.

The situation will get worse when Benitez is appointed and the personal attacks start on Morshi. How long before some idiot attacks his London home?

I am more of an interested observer watching a slow motion car crash now.

Yes, if we put the entire squad on a transfer list, then 90% of them get sold within a couple of weeks somehow, then we sign at least 11 good players within a couple more weeks, then we have good luck with injuries all season. Might seem unlikely, but not impossible! Don’t stop believing! COYB!
If we put the whole squad on the transfer list, then 90% get sold in a couple of weeks, the ones we are desperate to sell on will be among the 10% still here, they won’t move until their contracts are up because of the ridiculous wages they are on.

I’m not worrying.

To be honest I sometimes think I would be liberated from the curse of being an Everton fan if they went bust.

The situation will get worse when Benitez is appointed and the personal attacks start on Morshi. How long before some idiot attacks his London home?

I am more of an interested observer watching a slow motion car crash now.
These are the worst! You know it's happening, you can see it is happening, you want to do something about it, but you know you can't.

We don't have a rich enough owner to compete. FFP has been always a smokescreen.

Marshall McLuhan said The medium is the message, in this case FFP being a thing has been raised up to be more important than fact we don't spend correctly.

We do not have the money to compete against City, Chelsea we never will until we get a rich owner in these terms.

The problem is not money, it is the overall football stratergy. Clubs like Atlanta, Lille in recent times, Monaco a few years ago are good examples to follow.

Nobody will like to hear this, but take away blue tinted glasses our overall outlook under Moshiri is closer in a case study to Randy Lerner.

So in summery, SPENDING MORE MONEY is not the issue.

Putting money into pay for the Stadium would make no difference whatsoever to FFP.

It doesn't work like that. FFP is calculated on the accounts. So the PL and UEFA would know exactly where the money went.

Injecting £200m into the club would certainly help with cash flow, but it wouldn't affect FFP because the funds have to be accounted for. FFP is about profit and loss and not cashflow.

We don't have a rich enough owner to compete. FFP has been always a smokescreen.

Marshall McLuhan said The medium is the message, in this case FFP being a thing has been raised up to be more important than fact we don't spend correctly.

We do not have the money to compete against City, Chelsea we never will until we get a rich owner in these terms.

The problem is not money, it is the overall football stratergy. Clubs like Atlanta, Lille in recent times, Monaco a few years ago are good examples to follow.

Nobody will like to hear this, but take away blue tinted glasses our overall outlook under Moshiri is closer in a case study to Randy Lerner.

So in summery, SPENDING MORE MONEY is not the issue.

I agree that FFP has been used as an excuse not to invest. I don’t agree that the people behind Everton don’t have enough money. USM has revenues of about 5 billion PER YEAR!

Moshiri’s personal investment is literally increased by the week on here. The latest figure that I read was 500 million, up from a reported 400 million last week, which was said to be more than Chelsea’s and City’s investments.

In reality, we’ve been selling Lukaku’s and bringing in Rooney’s and Iwobi’s ever since Moshiri walked in, whilst he continues to be a leading member of a company that brings in around 5 billion pound a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.