Can We Succeed Next Season Without Breaking FFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The debt we carry is nothing compared to many other clubs. I just don’t see this being an issue and the new manager will get a significant transfer budget.

These ‘consequences’ are puny. So Wolves had their European squad reduced by two players, and had to agree to the rules that they’d already broken. If they hadn’t have qualified for Europe then they’d have experienced no punishment at all.

You say yourself that UEFA won’t be clamping down on FFP this year, and I don’t see any clamp down on its way. There has yet to be any clamp down this far, just small punishments that are worth taking.

Carlo laughed about the FFP excuse for a reason. It’s dead. Not worth worrying about unless you want to use it as an excuse not to spend.
Carlo slaughtered the ESL and then joined Madrid whose president was the chief honcho of the ESL. So please do not bring him in to it.

If the consequences of breaching FFP are so small, please explain why no club has done it twice ?

Carlo slaughtered the ESL and then joined Madrid whose president was the chief honcho of the ESL. So please do not bring him in to it.

If the consequences of breaching FFP are so small, please explain why no club has done it twice ?
It;s all about the manager mate and ripping it up on the vast expanse that is Goodison Park

City have been ignoring it, and they are going to ignore it once again this summer. Carlo was Everton’s manager when he was asked about FFP and he laughed it off with the contempt it deserved.

It’s only clubs that actually qualify for Europe that experience these puny punishments anyway, and we are agreed that UEFA will be relaxed about it this summer.

People are entitled to cack themselves about if they want, but I think it’s dead, and even if it’s not, the ‘punishments’ are well worth taking.

The debt we carry is nothing compared to many other clubs. I just don’t see this being an issue and the new manager will get a significant transfer budget.
Debt doesn't come into it.

FFP is all about profit and loss. We keep posting huge losses. Chelsea and City offset their losses by massively increasing their revenues. We haven't done that.

Our match day income is laughable, our genuine commercial deals are even more laughable. We are existing on TV revenues and Moshiri pumping money in.

That is unsustainable. We are almost certainly at the stage in which our entire genuine income is spent on wages.

FFP is all about profit and loss. We keep posting huge losses. Chelsea and City offset their losses by massively increasing their revenues. We haven't done that.

Our match day income is laughable, our genuine commercial deals are even more laughable. We are existing on TV revenues and Moshiri pumping money in.

That is unsustainable. We are almost certainly at the stage in which our entire genuine income is spent on wages.
Agree, which is why Usmanov is involved the way he is, new stadium, sponsorship etc and we will increase our income significantly. I think they know how much money they can and can’t spend.

City have been ignoring it, and they are going to ignore it once again this summer. Carlo was Everton manager when he was asked about FFP and he laughed it off with the contempt it deserved.

It’s only clubs that actually qualify for Europe that experience these puny punishments anyway, and we are agreed that UEFA will be relaxed about it this summer.

People are entitled to cack themselves about if they want, but I think it’s dead, and even if it’s not, the ‘punishments’ are well worth taking.
City haven't ignored it. They went to great lengths to disguise funding, but were caught out by emails that were leaked to Das Spiegel.

Significantly, they haven't breached FFP since.

The punishments aren't worth taking because they are cumulative. Breaching FFP in one accounting period means that you have to reduce spending for the next two years.

As for qualifying for Europe, that is absolutely to us growing as a club. Breaching FFP and signing players who aren't bothered about playing in Europe is a recipe for disaster.

We are posting huge losses, in the last accounting period we posted losses of £134.8m.

That was against a turnover of £185m.

That is unsustainable.

Its not "unsustainable".

If i own two businesses and generate profit of £150mil from one and £135mil loss in the other im up £15mil in profit for the year.

Moshiri is making far more money outside of Everton for an annual loss of £100-200mil to be concerning to him.

With a new stadium and top 4 side then the valuation of the club would be in the billions if he ever decided to sell.

Its not "unsustainable".

If i own two businesses and generate profit of £150mil from one and £135mil loss in the other im up £15mil in profit for the year.

Moshiri is making far more money outside of Everton for an annual loss of £100-200mil to be concerning to him.

With a new stadium and top 4 side then the valuation of the club would be in the billions if he ever decided to sell.
Please explain how much money Moshiri is generating outside of Everton.

Its not "unsustainable".

Ok then why don't we appoint Diego Simeone?

Agree on this, we have to stop the crazy spending to avoid long term damage, unless we start to bring in serious income.
I rather us only make a few basic adittions to the squad this summer, better then large out of control spending again and getting little return. I can see the club having the same opinion,could be why the only manager we can get looks like the cheapest easiest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.